Looking to book a cabin on Coral/Princess Cruise

cruisesahara

Hi Cruisecritic friends,

Looking at D227 and D629 balcony cabins for our July Cruise trip. No luck with the port side cabins at the sale price.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of these two rooms? This would be first time on Princess.

Have cruised before long time back.

Thanks much.

Hi Cruisecritic friends,

Looking at D227 and D629 balcony cabins for our July Cruise trip. No luck with the port side cabins at the sale price.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of these two rooms? This would be first time on Princess.

Thanks much.

Both are nice balcony cabins in decent locations.

Thanks for the detailed deck info.Picture is always better. Now I see both balconies are covered.:D

D227 is in the front of the ship. Too much movement in the front? what's next to the rooms towards the interior of the ship?

On the other hand, D629 is next to the elevator. Is it going to be noisy late night? But D227 is next to the Suite location. So do we get better service there?

This cruise will be sailing 3 days out of 7 days. So trying to look for a nicer room and location.

Please help

sorry for the wrong room number

Thanks for the detailed deck info.Picture is always better. Now I see both balconies are covered.:D

D227 is in the front of the ship. Too much movement in the front? what's next to the rooms towards the interior of the ship?

On the other hand, D629 is next to the elevator. Is it going to be noisy late night? But D629 is next to the Suite location. So do we get better service there?

This cruise will be sailing 3 days out of 7 days. So trying to look for a nicer room and location.

Please help

sorry for the wrong room number

On the other hand, D629 is next to the elevator. Is it going to be noisy late night? But D629 is next to the Suite location. So do we get better service there?

Please help

Unless you are in an inside cabin that has an adjacent wall with an elevator shaft we have never had elevator noise.

Service should be the same regardless.

Hi Cruisecritic friends,

Thanks much.

We're booked in D227 on Coral in June so we were glad to follow Colo Cruiser's link. Thanks for posting.

We stayed in D631 last year, and that is a quiet area of the ship. We did sometimes hear people at the elevator, as they were waiting, although it was never what I considered loud. There is not a lot of hallway traffic since about the only back there is cabins, as not a route to get somewhere. One nice thing about that area is you don't have to navigate the hallways much as right out the door, and the elevators & stairs are right in front of you.

You will probably have the same cabin steward as suites, as we were talking to ours about the new beds being installed after dry dock. The service would be the same, in a suite or any other cabin.

We have also stayed in B227, a mini-suite in the front, and also like that location too, as a quiet area. There was more motion up there, which was great as I like that. Either room you are considering would be a good choice, alhtough if motion might be a problem, I would suggest the room in the back.

Enjoy your trip as it's our favorite ship.