Viking River Cruise on Skirnir - Grand European Tour. What to wear for dinner?

videolady

I tried to remember but wasn't sure, so I went to our pictures of the most recent trip in Europe, Viking to Portugal in September of the last year. I found a group photo as we were touring Porto. Every single woman (about 15) in the picture was carrying a handbag. About half crossed across their body and about half slung over one shoulder. This matches my memory, but memory is a tricky thing.

That is hilarious. Maybe I noticed the backpack purses because I am always looking for the perfect one? :)

Thank you so much for your input! We are so looking forward to our river cruise. If you don't mind, have one more question. Do most female passengers carry a purse with them on the tours? Now days you hear so much about thief that you can't help wonder what is best for security.[/quot

I bought a Travelon cross body bag from Amazon before our first river cruise and have used it since whenever I travel. It's lightweight, has a steel cable inside the strap so the strap can't be slashed, and has locks on all of the zipper openings. They sell bags in all shapes and sizes. The one I have is big enough to hold a small tablet, credit cards, a wallet, maps, camera, passport, etc. it's very secure. When on a tour, my husband carries a small lightweight backpack to hold water bottles, umbrella, and other things that we don't worry about being stolen. Amazon sells Travelon bags in a variety of sizes.

Thank you so much for your input! We are so looking forward to our river cruise. If you don't mind, have one more question. Do most female passengers carry a purse with them on the tours? Now days you hear so much about thief that you can't help wonder what is best for security.[/quot

I bought a Travelon cross body bag from Amazon before our first river cruise and have used it since whenever I travel. It's lightweight, has a steel cable inside the strap so the strap can't be slashed, and has locks on all of the zipper openings. They sell bags in all shapes and sizes. The one I have is big enough to hold a small tablet, credit cards, a wallet, maps, camera, passport, etc. it's very secure. When on a tour, my husband carries a small lightweight backpack to hold water bottles, umbrella, and other things that we don't worry about being stolen. Amazon sells Travelon bags in a variety of sizes.

My wife loves that type. She prefers the ones that hold water bottles.

My wife loves that type. She prefers the ones that hold water bottles.

Mine does have a pocket for a small water bottle! I like that the purse is big enough to hold what I need for a day's touring but lightweight so I don't get tired of carrying it. I usually put the empty purse in my luggage and carry my wallet/passport/tickets in a larger carry on bag so I can travel without checked luggage.

We were on the Skirnir Grand European Tour last July. It was a wonderful trip! Be prepared for a long dinner...may take up to 2 hours. For a quicker dinner, eat on the Aquivit Terrace. Also, it is a great place to eat lunch.

Edited by teachberry
Corrections