Grand to Alaska from San Francisco - question about sea

CruiseNut24

San Fran or Seattle the potential of rough patches from mild to moderate to Rockin and Rollin, always prepare for the worse and you will survive. If you take your Ginger or motion sickness meds -patch or queasy beads ahead of time it helps and you may never know it is rough seas.

Hubby and I have done Mexico and Hawaii and Alaska quite a few times & I am here to tell you.. The 1st and Last day are always always rough. For us it is 100% of the time so far. We just did Mexico, got back yesterday, as soon as we turned the corner from Cabo, the water was rough! But it always is, so we were ready for it.. That Potato Patch is a real thing! From SF and from LA! Just be prepared.

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I pack the Bonnie like I usually do - I normally take one when I get on the ship (in case) but never have to take any more. Just wasn't sure how bad it got going to Alaska. Have done Hawaii a few times out of San Francisco, but never felt it was rough, were other people that is was the worst they ever saw. Maybe I am lucky and it just does not bother me.

again, thanks for all the responses.