Oasis of the Seas - April 9, 2017 - Western Caribbean : Observation and info

Quick question about the balcony, we sail on the Oasis in April 2018 will be just a few rooms down from where you were (closer towards the elevators and a couple of decks lower), and I was wondering if the view looking down was blocked by the lifeboats? I hope not, as I love looking down at the water from my balcony. This will be our first time on this class of ship, and I was not really sure of how the lifeboats are situated until I saw the Oasis when we were sailing by on the Sunshine leaving Port Canaveral. Now I'm a little worried that they may block my view :(

We were on deck 12. If you looked straight down along the side of the ship, you would see 1/2 of the width of the lifeboat. Absolutely no impact at all. No worries.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but I understood the ultimate package to offer unlimited drinks.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

Drink package is unlimited, drink cards are for a set number of drinks. The drink package is not shareable. You can five up the 20 drinks on the card anyway you want to. All for yourself, or 1 drink for 10 people.

mac_tlc

The way you were treated by this waiter was totally unacceptable. I'm certain RCI would deem this treatment as rude and definitely not condone this behavior.

Did you report this to that section's assistant maitre'd? It's hard to believe any overflow MTD sent to the fourth floor would be subject to this.

Did you ever get menus? It's been my MDR experiences that initially everyone orders everything except dessert, but from a menu.

Again, did you report this waiter to anyone? If you were treated this way, others were too. He clearly doesn't belong in any dining room, waiting on anyone.

What was the final result? Did you get up and leave or did you order without a menu? You have peaked my curiosity. I'm interested in the end result of this encounter.

Harvey

Harvey,

We did leave, just because it was so crowded and it was obviously a burden for the waiters having to handle traditional dining and partial MTD. It takes away from the great experience of traditional dining when your waiter is having to run around like a chicken with his head cut off to handle MTD tables too. I felt for the diners on Deck 4 as they were having to give up their dedicated waiter too. He (the waiter) just didn't react well to the situation. I can't imagine this was the first time this had happened. Yes, we had been sitting there joking with each other (our tablemates/family) to make the best of a situation while we waited. We were getting up to leave when the sections assistant maître d' came over to find out why we were leaving. We told him what was going on, but framed it in a way that didn't really place all of the blame on the waiter.

I did see the waiter the next day handling something at another location and he said he was really sorry for being so rushed, and he was sorry we left. He said he wished they had a better system for the nights that MTD gets so full that they put people upstairs, as it sometimes causes unhappiness for guests and staff when things get backed up. I agree that this is an issue that needs to be worked out, and it was not entirely his fault. I have a lot of respect for the crew who is pushed to the limits by incredibly impatient people. They usually handle themselves very well. This poor fellow was just pushed past his breaking point. We had my nieces with us (aged 12 and 6). They were ready to eat and we just didn't want to stay in case the little one got cranky. They are usually very well behaved at the table, but it was just getting late on a day that had already been a long day. It was time to get them fed and be done with it.

I do think there should be some sort of better system, as it does cause difficulties for everyone. I don't know what the solution is or how to best implement it. I discussed that with the maître d' and reported it just that way on the departure questionnaire. Just need a better system.

Just letting folks know that it may be a slightly more rushed and less than optimal dining experience if you get displaced to another floor. Hopefully the line is working on this.

Drink package is unlimited, drink cards are for a set number of drinks. The drink package is not shareable. You can five up the 20 drinks on the card anyway you want to. All for yourself, or 1 drink for 10 people.

mac_tlc

Sometimes autocorrect is not my friend... Let's try this one again:

Drink package is unlimited, drink cards are for a set number of drinks. The drink package is not shareable. You can divy up the 10 drinks on the card anyway you want to. All for yourself, or 1 drink for 10 people.

mac_tlc

Harvey,

We did leave, just because it was so crowded and it was obviously a burden for the waiters having to handle traditional dining and partial MTD. It takes away from the great experience of traditional dining when your waiter is having to run around like a chicken with his head cut off to handle MTD tables too. I felt for the diners on Deck 4 as they were having to give up their dedicated waiter too. He (the waiter) just didn't react well to the situation. I can't imagine this was the first time this had happened. Yes, we had been sitting there joking with each other (our tablemates/family) to make the best of a situation while we waited. We were getting up to leave when the sections assistant maître d' came over to find out why we were leaving. We told him what was going on, but framed it in a way that didn't really place all of the blame on the waiter.

I did see the waiter the next day handling something at another location and he said he was really sorry for being so rushed, and he was sorry we left. He said he wished they had a better system for the nights that MTD gets so full that they put people upstairs, as it sometimes causes unhappiness for guests and staff when things get backed up. I agree that this is an issue that needs to be worked out, and it was not entirely his fault. I have a lot of respect for the crew who is pushed to the limits by incredibly impatient people. They usually handle themselves very well. This poor fellow was just pushed past his breaking point. We had my nieces with us (aged 12 and 6). They were ready to eat and we just didn't want to stay in case the little one got cranky. They are usually very well behaved at the table, but it was just getting late on a day that had already been a long day. It was time to get them fed and be done with it.

I do think there should be some sort of better system, as it does cause difficulties for everyone. I don't know what the solution is or how to best implement it. I discussed that with the maître d' and reported it just that way on the departure questionnaire. Just need a better system.

Just letting folks know that it may be a slightly more rushed and less than optimal dining experience if you get displaced to another floor. Hopefully the line is working on this.

Not right that you were treated so poorly.

I do agree that they need to figure out a better system when MTD overflows. It didn't happen every night, but it was certainly more likely on port days, when people tend to get back to the ship a little later and probably end up at MTD near the same time.

mac_tlc