Use Uber or use Lyft?

lvcrzn

I've used Lyft on our last cruise to travel around Orlando before our cruise. I do not hear much about this company on the boards but a lot of mention of Uber. Family members on our last cruise (out of Port Canaveral) said they had a long wait for Uber and switched to Lyft also. I would like some input on which to use as I will be needing this service from FLL to a hotel in Sobe and from the hotel to POM. I am under the empression that Uber does but does Lyft have license to enter the POM?

Thank you.

Both Uber and Lyft are authorized at POM, FLL, PE & MIA. Which company to use is a personal preference; most of the drivers I've had drive for both and take whichever ride pops up first.

If it makes a difference Lyft allows you to add a tip to your fare (the total gets charged to your credit card) while Uber does not; if you choose to tip Uber drivers you'll need cash.

If it makes a difference Lyft allows you to add a tip to your fare (the total gets charged to your credit card) while Uber does not; if you choose to tip Uber drivers you'll need cash.

That's the reason I choose Lyft over Uber. It's just easier to tip using the app. And also easier if you decided NOT to tip. An Uber driver knows immediately if you tip of not as you leave the car because you have to tip in cash. Lyft doesn't know if he/she getting any tips until the next day. Even then, all he/she see is the total amount of tips not tip from individual trip.

can i get a rough estimate of how much Uber would cost from FLL to South Beach?? Also, any idea of how much Uber would be from MIA to a Fort Lauderdale hotel?

The sites above will give you pretty good estimates once you plug in the hotel address, but the ballpark fare estimate for both FLL to South Beach and MIA to FLL area is about $40

I can't seem to get an answer to this. If we use Uber, will the driver make a stop along the way at a store? We are going from FLL to Port everglades and we just want to pick up some bottles of wine and water. And if they say no but have already pulled up, then what? Do we get a charge for cancelling the fare?

We don't have Uber locally.

I can't seem to get an answer to this. If we use Uber, will the driver make a stop along the way at a store? We are going from FLL to Port everglades and we just want to pick up some bottles of wine and water. And if they say no but have already pulled up, then what? Do we get a charge for cancelling the fare?

I wouldn't think that to be a problem as there is a charge for time as well as distance. If the driver doesn't want to wait, end the trip, get your wine and get another Uber to the port. I've used Uber on occasion both a home and when traveling. I also drove for Uber a few months when they first came to town.

If you've never used Uber you can get $15 off your first ride with a referral code. You can use mine and we both get $15.

Referral code: 6y3g9

Neal

We don't have Uber locally.

I don't see that would be a problem. We sometime have them go to one place drop off a friend and then go to another place to drop us off. There is no charge to cancel unless he already started the trip. He is not supposed to do that until you get inside.

I wouldn't think that to be a problem as there is a charge for time as well as distance. If the driver doesn't want to wait, end the trip, get your wine and get another Uber to the port. I've used Uber on occasion both a home and when traveling. I also drove for Uber a few months when they first came to town.

If you've never used Uber you can get $15 off your first ride with a referral code. You can use mine and we both get $15.

Referral code: 6y3g9

Neal

Can we use your code.christine