I have never done WJ for dinner.

One more question. When it comes time at the end of the cruise, when you do your tipping. If you eat all your meals in the windjammer. What do you do about the gratuities for the head waiter and asst. waiter and everyone in the MDR? Do you still leave them their gratuities? Sorry, if this seems like a stupid question. We have always eaten in the MDR, but with our upcoming cruise, we are thinking about just eating all our meals in the Windjammer. We are just wanting to take it easy, and not have to worry about dressing up every night. Thank you in advance for you responses.

Not that you were insinuating anything by your ststement but your question brings to mind conversations Ive had with other cruisers who have told me that they have the tips removed because they never used the MDR...My take on that is, in my experience Ive noticed that the same waiters and assistant waiters that serve us dinner in the MDR are the same ones who are serving or working the windjammer buffet at lunch. I feel like to whatever degree one is still being served by these hard working people and the amount they ask each passanger to pay is really not very much.

As the years and cruises have gone by, I've done a 180 in my dining preferences. I used to only go to the MDR for dinner, and the casual options for breakfast and lunch. Now I prefer breakfast and lunch in the MDR (when available) and the WJ for dinner.

I think it has more to do with avoiding the crowds than anything else. The dinner in the WJ is decent enough, and I like being able to get in and out quickly. The hour or more in the MDR just doesn't appeal anymore. But everyone likes different experiences.

As far as drinks go, I haven't had a problem finding a bar waiter, or at least a regular waiter who will then send one over.

Totally agree on that. One of the reasons we started to enjoy the WJ for dinner lately, is that it is much more quiet

than the MDR. Sometimes it seems pax are shouting at each other to get above the level of noise in there. It's bright light,

busy, and too crowded for us.

The WJ later at night, is low lit...almost empty (except for ship's officers enjoying their dinner ;)). We can enjoy just

smaller portions, and a bigger selection. We simply walk in, no waiting for a seat, and carry our glasses of wine

to a quiet corner (where we can actually hear one another).

Many times one of the officers will even come sit with us for dinner. Nice conversations. :)