Q about edocs and the NCL Sky

Yunah

Hi all,

Only 29 days until we sail on the NCL Sky! :D Our very first cruise.. woohoo! I understood that you can download and print your edocs from around 30 days before you travel. It's 29 days now, shouldn't they be available for us? We did book it through a travel agency here in the Netherlands, could that have something to do with it?

And another 2 questions. I asked something on here before about the outlets and all that and I was told (amongst other things) that ships are not earthed/grounded because.. guess what, they're not connected to the earth ;) I was on a ferry between the Netherlands and the UK a few days ago and the plugs there WERE earthed/grounded. How on earth is that possible? My dad and I were thoroughly confused and we brought along our non-earthed/grounded power strip along for nowt because we couldn't use it.

And the last question. The ferry we were on (DFDS King Seaways) moved a lot on our way to the UK even though the weather wasn't really all that bad. We're now three days down the line (and a trip on another ship (DFDS Princess Seaways) back home, but that one did not move nearly as much even though the sea looked exactly the same) and I STILL feel like I'm on a ship. I'm literally sitting here on the sofa and I feel like I'm moving left and right and everything. I've only been on those ships overnight with one night in a hotel room in between so I dread to think how I will feel after 5 nights on a ship in a row. Can anyone please calm my nerves and tell me that the NCL Sky doesn't move around much at all? :(

Any help is appreciated! And sorry about the ridiculous amount of text, hahah :lips-sealed:

Hi! You should be able to download your docs from the online check-in part of the site. You may have some information to fill in yet, which may be why you can't print the docs yet.

Sky is a stable ship, I had no problem on her last July. However, the feeling of being on a ship often lasts for a while, though I've never found it to be related to the length of the time on board...I have 3days of land waves no matter what! I would take a meclizine or other motion sickness pill now, and see if that helps.

Tot ziens!

And another 2 questions. I asked something on here before about the outlets and all that and I was told (amongst other things) that ships are not earthed/grounded because.. guess what, they're not connected to the earth ;) I was on a ferry between the Netherlands and the UK a few days ago and the plugs there WERE earthed/grounded. How on earth is that possible? My dad and I were thoroughly confused and we brought along our non-earthed/grounded power strip along for nowt because we couldn't use it.

Read the following thread for more than you ever wanted to know about the ship's electrical system:

Grounded Outlets?

Oh my I never realized anyone answered, so sorry. Thanks for the answers regarding the land waves (never knew it was called that!) and I'll give the thread a read.

But I'm glad to know that the sky is a very stable ship. I don't get sea sick (well, I wasn't on this trip) it's just that feeling of being in bed and going everywhere isn't very exciting to me.

Anyway I'll check back on the website and if it doesn't show up soon (we're leaving for a trip to NYC and Miami before that), I'll contact our travel agency. I thought you needed to print everything though, but we don't have to?

Anyway I'll check back on the website and if it doesn't show up soon (we're leaving for a trip to NYC and Miami before that), I'll contact our travel agency. I thought you needed to print everything though, but we don't have to?

On my cruise last week, they checked our eDocs before we went through security at the cruise terminal, but that was it. Security needs to make sure you actually are supposed to be there (like having your boarding pass when you go through airport security). I suppose if you had an electronic copy, that would probably be sufficient but I don't know for sure so please don't take my word for it.. All of my stuff said to have them with you on embarkation day, and I would be too paranoid to chance it.

On my cruise last week, they checked our eDocs before we went through security at the cruise terminal, but that was it. Security needs to make sure you actually are supposed to be there (like having your boarding pass when you go through airport security). I suppose if you had an electronic copy, that would probably be sufficient but I don't know for sure so please don't take my word for it.. All of my stuff said to have them with you on embarkation day, and I would be too paranoid to chance it.

Ahhh yes we're the same! We'll make sure we get them before we leave and if we can't get them here I'm sure there's bound to be somewhere in NYC or Miami where we can print them :D which cruise did you go on?

Ahhh yes we're the same! We'll make sure we get them before we leave and if we can't get them here I'm sure there's bound to be somewhere in NYC or Miami where we can print them :D which cruise did you go on?

I was on the Sky 4 night to the Bahamas.