New Platinum Status.

deborahjo

I submitted for a past cruise from 1978 for 7 days. Got notified today I got those 7 days so I will be boarding the Splendor in November as platinum.

Love it because of the wash and fold service we will get. Only I will be not my husband. I will get 3 bags of laundry. Great because we can take less luggage with us now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the free laundry! Congratulations! and yes I love all my free perks!:cool:

I love the free laundry, however, I don't send everthing. I always bring a small bottle of Woolite and wash my underthings in the bathroom sink. The clothes line in the shower is perfect for drying those things overnight. We send jeans, shorts, t-shirts without designs on them, socks, and other hearty type clothing and they always come back beautifully laundered.

I swear, give them something for free and they will still complain.

And this one, you sure it just wasn't somethng your husband "found" somewhere?

Just for ref, I am not complaining, nor did I really plan to post in this discussion. I find it sad you have to be not nice to people who offer up issues with their service.

They have lost our laundry, burnt a shirt ( literally had burn marks and a brand new hole surrounded by a burn mark), shrunk a pair of cotton shorts, and the laundry that does come back is always rough and wrinkled horribly.

I would not recommend using the service at all... we stopped about 4 years ago. I just go use the machine if I need to wash something, and that only happens on cruises longer than 10 days.

HAWKLVET- You mean the other way around, people complain when they have to pay and don't get things for free, at least we are the ones who don't freebies that ruin our items...perhaps you rather have the laundry service because its free and not care whether your items come back shrunk, wrinkled, hard and discolored? If it happened to you, be sure you be saying the same thing as we are or maybe you just don't care how your clothes turn out?

By the way, when you pay for dry cleaning, you get dry cleaning just like at home.

Deborah- We just warning you, hope you enjoy the service and congrats on your turning platinum!

See what I mean. Now they are complaining about me complaining about their "FREE" advice.

My first post was just kidding them about their comments. They are all taking this too seriously. They need to go on a cruise and relax.

We have used the free laundry several times and never had aproblem. We, of course, don't send out nice things, just socks, t-shirts, undergarments (a.k.a. wife's panties and my tighty whities). But it does help on the packing when going on longer cruises, regardless of the condition they come back in.

I love the free laundry, however, I don't send everthing. I always bring a small bottle of Woolite and wash my underthings in the bathroom sink. The clothes line in the shower is perfect for drying those things overnight. We send jeans, shorts, t-shirts without designs on them, socks, and other hearty type clothing and they always come back beautifully laundered.

Good to know.

Thank you to every one and your opinions. There is always 2 and maybe 3 sides to every story.

Will try it and see what happens.

We have purchased FTTF for this cruise. Now it seems a waste. Any opinions there

Cancel the FTTF you don't need it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app