First time on Celebrity - Where can we eat when we board the Equinox?

Cruiser-EV

Thanks all. I've been following this thread, and thanks to your input, our plan is now Sushi on 5 or the Mast Grill (as our second option) on embarkation day. I don't like the mad house of the buffet with everyone's luggage and stuff.

Dan

You'll be paying for everything at Sushi on 5 and the Mast Grill only has hot dogs, hamburgers, fixings and fries. Just FYI.

The Mast Grill is not a room or anything. It is an outdoor serving station with just a few chairs for sitting. Think Coney Island.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind on the Oceanview. You have a preconceived notion. It is not really bad at all, it's not mass bedlam as you may be conceiving it to be and it's less busy the more you go to the back of the ship.

Thanks for all the input! It looks like we will try the buffet since it shouldn't be as bad as the Windjammer is.

We are doing the 5 night specialty deal - so I'm looking forward to trying out the Tuscan Grille.

I see Murano has a goat cheese soufflé- does anyone know if that is similar to the one they used to have at Chops before they changed the menu?

Less than 3 weeks to go! I'm so excited for our first Celebrity cruise

Thanks for all the input! It looks like we will try the buffet since it shouldn't be as bad as the Windjammer is.

We are doing the 5 night specialty deal - so I'm looking forward to trying out the Tuscan Grille.

I see Murano has a goat cheese soufflé- does anyone know if that is similar to the one they used to have at Chops before they changed the menu?

Less than 3 weeks to go! I'm so excited for our first Celebrity cruise ��

Our last dinner in Chops was in 2011 on the Freedom. Our last 4 yrs have been strictly with Celebrity, and our next this yr.

The goat cheese soufflé in Murano is EXCELLENT!

You'll be paying for everything at Sushi on 5 and the Mast Grill only has hot dogs, hamburgers, fixings and fries. Just FYI.

The Mast Grill is not a room or anything. It is an outdoor serving station with just a few chairs for sitting. Think Coney Island.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind on the Oceanview. You have a preconceived notion. It is not really bad at all, it's not mass bedlam as you may be conceiving it to be and it's less busy the more you go to the back of the ship.

Yeah, really for me it's about trying a new approach on embarkation day. I love sushi and would like to sit down and relax in a new restaurant other than a buffet. I take your word for it (that the buffet won't be a mad house). We'll be hitting up the buffet many other times throughout the course of the cruise.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sail X and Royal. Having experienced the very small Windjammer on Oasis this year where by 11.45 they are forming a queue and it's one in one out, the Oceanview Cafe on X is a breeze in comparison. The Oceanview copes pretty well in general but if everyone wants to eat at the same time no venue on a ship is going to cope. It's amazing that all those people who hog the tables in the Oceanview and wait for the rooms to open up seemingly don't recognise that the announcements they make asking you to vacate your table when finished applies to some other people but not them.

I love the idea of securing a space at the Sunset Bar, having a drink and popping down the grab food......that's my plan in just over three weeks now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk