Port Canaveral Post Cruise

mulan1123

We have a cruise on Carnival Magic in December. The only feasible flight is at 9pm from MCO to Ottawa direct flight (all other flights are in the morning and surprisingly no afternoon and these flights have layovers). We have not booked our flights yet but so far that is the only flight available. If we book this flight, any suggestions on what to do for 8 hours?

I did not see any post cruise excursions offered by Carnival. I know they had post cruise excursions for Miami and Port Everglades........

There will 6 adults (my parents, their friends, my brother and me). My parents and their friends are seniors but don't act like seniors......and nobody wants to drive or rent a car.....lol

My travel agent suggested to get a day pass at a hotel. So we can drop off our luggage and taxi it to a mall or downtown Disney. MCO does not have luggage storage for the day......

Last time we stayed the extra night because it was cheaper to stay the extra night and fly out the next day. So far it is $100 more pp to fly out the next day.....

Assuming you will end up in Orlando to spend the day, you have 4 options I think:

1. Cruiseline bus with their airline partner program - you leave your bags outside your cabin and the cruiseline takes it to the airport and ensures it gets on your flight home. But then you have to take the bus I think and I know Disney does this - unsure about Carnival.

2. Rental car - this is a very easy process and the roads here are very easy to navigate. My recommendation because it will be the cheapest and most convenient everything considered.

3. Dayroom at the Hyatt Orlando Airport - only $100 plus tax. see link . Then use private transportation such as Cortrans, 888-Transportation or Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Do UberXL from the hotel and back.

4. Contact Sunward Tours who can arrange a day tour for your group to anywhere! This is the company that provide the ground services for all the cruise ship tours anyways. They will hold your luggage.

Edited by SteerageJoe

I would spend the day at the Kennedy Space Center, then head to Orlando for an early dinner and your flight home.

Just there last week. Great idea - you can see the highlights in about 6 hours, but everything would be a long day. If you can get there by 9 am open and leave around 4 PM you should have plenty of time. Remember - the Orlando airport can be a zoo!

The Space Center is fairly close to the port and Orlando airport is about an hour's drive away.