Can I take the pics I bought on Conquest to Walgreen's to print out?

Sablerose

If I have bought the pictures, scanned them in at home, and want to take them up to Walgreen's to get printed, will they let me?

I've scanned them in (no watermark) and have cropped out the pricetag/barcode at the bottom of each large 8x10 picture.

But I'd like to put them on a CD and take them up and get some smaller prints made.

Tef, not one word from you about copyright infringement, either. :D

When we sailed on the Caribbean Princess I asked the same type of question. There is a website where you can go and get a release printed up. Unfortunately I can't remember the site but I bet if you called Carnival they would be able to direct you.

Rose,

We received a release from Royal Caribbean via a website to do just this. I am betting if you call Carnival, they should be able to direct you to a similar site...

Or worst case, call Royal Caribbean and get the address to THEIR website :D A ship is a ship is a ship...

We saved our letter for "future" use... ;)

Yes you can. I heard some say it can't be done but have been doing it for a while. Never seen a watermark.

I've scanned them for relatives, had copies made at photo shops and have put them on a CD. Never had a problem.

Never seen a disclaimer but haven't looked for one either.

We specifically asked on Princess Cruise whether we could do this and they said yes. They said they did not have a letter and we shouldn't need it. However, some Walgreens are real careful when it comes to professional looking pictures. If there is no studio name or reference to the ship some will do it.

Call Carnival Customer Service and request a photo release - they will be more then happy to help you onut. Then instead of taking the CD of a scanned picture - just take the picture - the quality will be better. Be sure to make a copy - as some WalMarts ask for the release. That way if you want to make more you have the letter.

the standard 1-888-CARNIVAL. they faxed me a copy the next day, and sent one snail mail a few weeks later.

nickel.rm

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jul 2005

picture copyright release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have the link for the Carnival copyright release form for their pictures? I have seen it before, but can't find it now?

nickel.rm

View Public Profile

Find all posts by nickel.rm

Add nickel.rm to Your Buddy List

#2 July 21st, 2005, 09:20 PM

MamaParrotHead

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Nov 2004

I just called the Carnival Guest Relations...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the standard 1-888-CARNIVAL. they faxed me a copy the next day, and sent one snail mail a few weeks later.

"You've only got two options--having fun or freaking out..." Jimmy Buffett, "What If The Hokey Pokey Is All It Really Is About"

Oh my...I didn't realize it was such a big deal. I took my photos that I purchased on the Valor a couple weeks ago to CVS....put them on the Kodak picture maker scanner and printed up a bunch of wallet sizes. I had no problem at all. No questions asked......

Well.

I have the photo release.

I specifically told the lady I had "run out" of copies of the photos we'd bought and wanted to make more, so this is what she sent me... but this release says that I can only make "memento gifts such as coffee mugs, mouse pads, and calendars"...

BUT... it also talks about the Carnival logos and trademarks, none of which appear in any of the photos that I want to make photos of.

So I guess I'm just gonna wing it.

Oh my...I didn't realize it was such a big deal. I took my photos that I purchased on the Valor a couple weeks ago to CVS....put them on the Kodak picture maker scanner and printed up a bunch of wallet sizes. I had no problem at all. No questions asked......

LOL, I've always done the same thing!!! The last time I did, the girl looked at the pic and said she couldn't because of the copyright... when I asked her to show me the copyright, she looked the picture over, front and back and said "well, there doesn't appear to be one..." and made the copies :D

Well, Walgreens.com is offering a thing where you get 10 free 4x6 prints. I just went ahead and uploaded four of our scanned pictures to the website and sent them up the road to Walgreens to be printed... gonna have Stang swing in and pick them up on his way home. We'll see what they say. I had to click a thing that swore, you know, that I have the copyright.

So.

I scanned my Carnival pics into my computer, saved them on my digital camera disk, then took them to Costco to be printed. I went shopping and had my prints in half an hour, no questions asked!! They are just as good of quality as the originals!:)

I scanned some pictures, uploaded them to my photo site and ordered some wallets and here is what I just got in an email tonight......

Re: Order ID

Kodak Imaging Network, Inc.

Copyright Notification

Dear xxxx,

During the processing of your order, we noticed that your order appeared to contain professional quality pictures or other copyrighted images.* The copyright law does not permit us to print pictures and graphics without permission of the copyright owner. We would like to work with you to complete your order by asking you to provide proof of your own copyright ownership or proof of permission from the actual copyright owner. During the copyright verification process, your order will be on hold.

Please note that your response is needed within seven (7) business days or your order will be cancelled.

As a Walgreens store manager, I can tell you that our company policy is that no professional photos may be copied without a release from the photographer. We are subject to HUGE fines if we are caught copying professional photos.

Most cruise lines, Carnival included, have no problem faxing you a release for the photos. Once they have your money on board they really don't care. I've copied many formal portraits with the release. If you want to try without a release, go ahead. Just don't come to my store, it won't happen.

Disney Magic 1/99

Dawn Princess 1/00

Triumph 1/01

Spirit 1/02

Norwegian Sun 9/02

Pride 1/03

Explorer of the Seas 9/03

Golden Princess 9/04

Summit Alaska 9/05

Pride 1/06

>This web page doesn't have any Carnival Ships.

>Bonnie

No problem I found this release at their web site just fill in the needed info

Larry

Image Photo Services, Inc.

To Whom It May Concern

By way of introduction, Image Photo Services is the Florida based service company for Image, the photo concessionaire on board (Select Cruise Ship).

This letter authorizes any photo laboratory or photo shop to copy the photographs purchased on board (Select Cruise Ship).

Cruise Line - Cruise Ship: (Select Cruise Ship)

Passenger: (Name)

Sail Date Start: 01/08/2006

Sail Date Finish: 01/15/2006

This copyright release is valid for thirty (30) days starting: 01/16/06

Should you require any further information please contact our offices at:

2085 North West 87th Avenue

Suite A

Miami, Florida 33172

Tel 305-476-3666 ext.112

Fax 305-476-3663

Greg Nusser

Operations/Customer Service

(Date)
Copyright Release for:
(Name)
Regards,

Walgreen's processed my four 4x6 prints of our 8x10's from the ship without incident. We'll see what happens when we go to get some 8x10's made for xmas gifts.

Can anyone else who has received a photo release from Carnival tell me if it limits you to only those type of souveniry-gift things on cups and mouse pads, or if it says you can actually make copies of the photos? I'd hate to get halfway through this "getting pictures made" process and then have it not work out.

Thanks in advance.

Archived