Tips for Western Med Cruise

Different view on Sagrada Familia - frankly thought we bought tickets to tour a construction site - very much unfinished. Family all agreed looking at it from the street would have been enough. Barcelona is a fun city - we stayed in Hotel Havana right at top of Las Ramblas and had easy walk to everything we wanted to see. Enjoy your cruise!

We did 12 day cruise from Barcelona last year on RCCL, for Barcelona do the half day tour by Barcelona day tours you will see all the highlights then have some time to revisit what interest you the most, For that and any other tours get with your roll call, all our tours except 1 was private tours with 6 to 10 people and cheaper than RCCL tours. Best one was Florence/Pisa by Papillion, driver was fantastic, Rome in limo tour of Rome was also good

Different view on Sagrada Familia - frankly thought we bought tickets to tour a construction site - very much unfinished. Family all agreed looking at it from the street would have been enough. Barcelona is a fun city - we stayed in Hotel Havana right at top of Las Ramblas and had easy walk to everything we wanted to see. Enjoy your cruise!

imho, part of it's allure and part of the story is that it is unfinished and a work in progress. I know a lot of art history and am very excited to see this wonderful architectural work of art!

Buy them now! You might even be able to get a small private group tour via your roll call. http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/tiquets/

BTW.... Barcelona, like other European cities locations is just beautiful. So beautiful that often It can be deceiving as well. For example, when enjoying tapas an outside table, do NOT use your phone. Believe this. You are bring watched very closely. Phones are stolen multiple times on a daily basis. Taken right off your table quite easily w/o you even knowing it. Slight of hand is a very often used tactic.

Thanks for this info! I will go ahead and buy them now, can't risk them selling out, will just miss out on the slight discount. and thanks for the pickpocket phone issue...Where would you recommend storing your phone after taking photos with it? I have a bra money belt, but my phone won't fit in that (plus even if it would, would be hard to discreetly get it out haha) and I wasn't planning on carrying a purse, but i'd obviously love to take some photos with my phone

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased a front sling bag for Europe. More secure and admissable in all museums including Vatican.

In Barcelona,one of my favorite days was wandering around the Gothic area. Did the cathedral and some tapas. Beautiful city.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Forums mobile app

Did you get the bag from Amazon? Can you send a link or post a photo of it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you get the bag from Amazon? Can you send a link or post a photo of it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CG1MW2Y/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just bought this one for my upcoming trip, it is really nice and high quality! Love the locking zippers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening!!! I liked some of your tips, but I need a little more clarification, because as I mentioned earlier, I have never done any cruise outside the USA...1-Should we have euro currency to spend in ports? 2-Do we only use US currency to tip on board? 3-I guess I am asking is it best to have both? 4-How do I go about getting euro currency prior to sailing? 5-Are US credit cards accepted, if so is there a specific one? THANK-YOU!!!;)

1. Yes you need Euros in ports

2. Yes use US dollars for onboard tips

3. Yes you need both

4. We got ou Euros at our bank prior to flying to Barcelona

5. Yes US credit cards are accepted in Italy. Try to use one with no added fee