Refit-Refit-refit

qm2 and canberra nut

Does anyone have any up to date news on the QM2 refit. What was done etc. I expected to see something on the board about it by now but nothing!!:(

Someone must have a spy onboard who can enlighten us. I am off with the family for the xmas cruise and will have wait to see what changes have been made since my last cruise in Septemeber if no one knows !:(

Posted on another thread: (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=217999&page=10 )

Peter, most cosmetic changes are to Deck 7. The sliding doors are gone, replanced by standard steel and wood outside and glass inside. The Winter Garden remains--sigh--but some overflow seating for King's Court occupies a corner. Teh Court itself has better signs and more seatng; the center section ( with the skylight to the lobby) has been reconstructed and seats installed. Sadly, the traffic flow problem continues--too many people, most tottering along with waden trays, moving in too many directions. The grill rooms have also been redecorated. Some fittings now adorn the Grand Lobby.

I gather the most significant changes involve the galley and propulsion. The pods still bounce a little, esp. if you're right above them.

Peter

Here's a bit more (Peter pasted my post into this thread). Wind breaks have been added to the forward deck 7 ports. The doors are now open all the time, except in bad weather--like today's.

Also, the model in the Commadore Club has been turned around.

Who's a geek?

except in bad weather--like today's.

Hi Chris,

I see that you posted a smiley face, gosh the weather must be pretty bad today! Are the seas a 7, 8, or better?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Frank

Here's a bit more (Peter pasted my post into this thread). Wind breaks have been added to the forward deck 7 ports. The doors are now open all the time, except in bad weather--like today's.

Also, the model in the Commadore Club has been turned around.

Who's a geek?

Okay!

I admit it. I'm a geek. How did you know!

As for the model- The SO (Who is a MEGA-Geek!) said, They always turn it in the direction the ship's going? <G>

I assume this is to even out the amount of light hitting it, which depending on the light and the construction materials could break it down or cause fading.

Either that or one of the guys at the yard was playing with it. Goes to put it back and says, "Uh oh! Which direction was it facing !?" Well. except he would have said it in German!)

It appears that all the talk about the Wine bar going and being turned into a coffee bar has not happened neither the idea that the room next to the Kings court would be changed.

It does seem a long time to be in dry dock for just 'behind the scenes' changes.

I shall have to wait and see when I get onboard on the 20th December.

I

I shall have to wait and see when I get onboard on the 20th December.

Yes, QM2 and Canberra Nut! And I hope you'll notice (and post about) things I missed.

When I was aboard in 2004, the model "pointed" to starboard and this time to port.

Frank, the seas were at 5 yesterday, with a strong westerly breeze. Wind speed over the decks was roughly 60 mph. We felt hardly any rolling, but there was some pitching. Friends up on deck 11 claimed to be hanging on for dear life, but I imagine this tale's been, um, augmented.

We're at LGA now waiting for a home-bound flight. Back to the oh-so-real world!

Chris

Archived