Excursions

We are planning to book the Tokyo to Tokyo cruise in 2019, and we have some questions about the excursions offered by Regent.

1. Are there a lot choices for the free excursions in each port?

2. Are there additional excursions that are not free that they offer?

3. How good are the excursions?

4. What are your experiences with Regent's excursions?

Thank you in advance.

We are planning to book the Tokyo to Tokyo cruise in 2019, and we have some questions about the excursions offered by Regent.

1. Are there a lot choices for the free excursions in each port?

2. Are there additional excursions that are not free that they offer?

3. How good are the excursions?

4. What are your experiences with Regent's excursions?

Thank you in advance.

1. Depends on your definition of 'a lot'. Of course it can vary from port to port, but there are usually 6-10 to choose from, I'd say.

2. Yes. The "Regent Choice" excursions are denoted by a pair of binoculars (?) on the website. They usually include smaller groups, meals, and/or unique transportation options, I.e. boat, helicopter, etc.

3. They range from okay to excellent. As a rule, the paid excursions tend to be better, but many of the included ones are very, very good.

4. I've enjoyed the majority of them. Some I've loved, and one or two have been horrendous. Fortunately, in my experience the really bad ones are rare.

It looks like the one you're looking at has several options listed already. It should at least give you an idea of what's offered in some of the ports.

Overall we have been pretty happy with the included excursions. On occasion we have purchased the Regent choice excursions and they have been well done.

i agree with what UUNetBill said they have been good to great with the occasionally one not so great however we have had that same luck with private tours.

It has been a couple of years since we sailed Regent so our experience is not as recent as others. We hope to sail on Navigator this fall.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

In our experience, excursions are better in some parts of the world. Our best excursions (included) has been in the Middle East (specifically Turkey, Jordan, Cairo and Tel Aviv), India, Cape Town and Scandinavia. Our least favorite excursions were in South America. Obviously, this is subjective. I rate included excursions fair to good.

We enjoy most Regent Choice excursions and rate them good to excellent.

These ratings are an average based on our personal likes and dislikes. We have had a poor Regent Choice excursion and a couple excellent included one's.