Anybody just off the Breeze?

Carleeb12

Cool! Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try it out! I know some people said the smoke from the deck bothered them on their balcony but I would guess that won't be a problem now with the change and one more food option each day won't hurt either.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the walls are magnetic? Cruising the Breeze in a week with my husband and our 17 and 20 year old daughters. Trying to maximize space!! I may need a whole separate room for their shoes!!!

yes, magnets stick to the wall just fine. We usually carry a couple of high-strength magnets to hang things on!

Excellent! I was thinking I would get an over the door shoe hanger type thing but put it on the wall with magnetic hooks instead of hanging it on the bathroom door and blocking the hooks to hang clothes.

Just got off of the Breeze today, We had an interior room on Deck 7. The walls were magnetic and we used magnetic hooks.

Many people on board were referring to it as the Cruise from Hell. When we first arrived on board the toilets were not working and the stench was almost unbearable. There was another day the toilets stopped working again and I heard there were some who did not have toilets most of the trip and had to use public toilets. Very early the 2nd morning we woke up to the captain announcing we were diverting to Cozumel due to a medical emergency and would no longer be going to Jamaica. Because of this, I needed to be able to send a few emails to cancel my excursions. I was informed I had to purchase the internet package for the entire cruise. Guest services refused to help me in any way with the emails. It also shortened our time in Grand Cayman, moving our arrival time from 7:00 am to 9:30 am. This, in turned, caused problems with my 9:15 excursion. In my opinion, quest services handle the situation VERY poorly and had a "sorry for your luck attitude". Food was incredible on day 1 & 2. It went down hill from there. I ask my wife if she would say the food was about Golden Coral quality and she said she would not rate it that high. Don't know if something was just off with this cruise or if this is the norm. This was our 1st Carnival cruise and most likely the last!!

I truly hope your cruise is better than ours.

Whew, RnB25. That's the worst I've ever read about the Breeze. Emergencies happen and port times get changed but generally the crew and staff are helpful.

The plumbing situation couldn't have been pleasant.

I'm sorry this was your first Carnival cruise - and on my favorite ship!

It really isn't the norm.

Whew, RnB25. That's the worst I've ever read about the Breeze. Emergencies happen and port times get changed but generally the crew and staff are helpful.

The plumbing situation couldn't have been pleasant.

I'm sorry this was your first Carnival cruise - and on my favorite ship!

It really isn't the norm.

I hope it was a fluke, for the sake of all those that have come to love the Breeze. We met many Platinum and Diamond members who say their previous experiences were excellent. It was the Diamonds and Platinums who were calling it the Cruise from Hell. Quite a few of them said they would not do it again after this cruise. Oh, I forgot to mention...the Tides pool was closed almost the entire cruise, so the main pool was the only one available. Also, don't waste your money on the Carnival Chat feature, It only worked 25% of the time.

For the Breeze lovers, I really do hope it was a fluke, Pay attention to comments posted over the next several weeks/months from those who cruise after we did and see if it gets better.

For the Breeze lovers, I really do hope it was a fluke, Pay attention to comments posted over the next several weeks/months from those who cruise after we did and see if it gets better.

She just came out of dry dock and I've been eagerly awaiting reviews. I have 2 more cruises booked on her and sure hope yours was a one time fluke.

Thanks for posting.

She just came out of dry dock and I've been eagerly awaiting reviews. I have 2 more cruises booked on her and sure hope yours was a one time fluke.

Thanks for posting.

This was our 1st Cruise, so I do not have pre-dry dock condition to compare to. It looked nice and seemed to be clean. I have no complaints about the ship it self. (With the exception of the smell on the days of toilet issues.) Our stateroom was great as was the steward who took care of us. it is a nice ship.

I just got off the breeze yesterday. I can only say s__t happens and your vacation can be ruined if you let it or if you look past the minor things, and it can be great. It is what you make of it.

I will say to answer the op question the areas they worked on during dry dock were good. Guys bbq, pixel digital photos, alchemy bar, new carpets in high traffic areas, deck work done in lido, paint job on outside of ship and whales tail stack.

I will say I was a bit disappointed in other areas that I thought would be taken care of in drydock. Basically at first I was figuring I would be going on a brand new everything working perfectly ship. I later came to realize dry dock is to paint the under the water part of the ship and fix or add things they cant during regular cruising situations.

I noticed lots of general maintanence type issues that needed addressing, lights out here and there, our mini fridge in our cabin was broken and wasn't cooling. We had a leak in the corner of our room by our headboard? not sure what it was, I noticed it first day because the bottom of my sneakers were damp I thought condensation from my glass of water caused the issue but a day later and a slight smell of old shoe type smell made me know there was a bigger problem. I contacted guest services and they put a fan in the room to dry the carpet (I'm not sure if they fixed the main issue of the leak or even what it was I think water), but the fan did help some and the last day they comped me 75 bucks 15% of the cruise fair on my ss card for my troubles. I didn't get huffy or make a big deal. They did there best and then compensated us for the issue.

As far as the medical delay. I heard that it was a lady that died of a heart attack. I think the crew and the captain did the best thing they could have done under those circumstances. I would say they probably should have given those people who asked a days worth internet free to handle excursions booked not through carnival.

Ive been on royal carribean and carnival cruises and I will say that some of the bad things that happened on this cruise wont dissuade me from taking another carnival cruise. I will say I am starting to think that smaller older ships are better than the largest ones that are newer.

Overall the breeze was a good experience but not the best Ive ever had. Look past the bad and focus on the good.

I also got off the Breeze yesterday. We had a balcony cabin on deck 7. Our toilet worked perfectly all week, and we never smelled any sewage. I'm sorry some people didn't enjoy this cruise, but I am here to say that we had a wonderful week. The Breeze is a beautiful ship. The new additions make her even better. We enjoyed the food all week. We changed our excursion from Jamaica to Roatan because of the medical emergency. It wasn't a big deal, and we fully understood someone's life was in danger. For those of you lucky enough to have a Breeze cruise in your future, don't worry.