Itinerary Change to Martinique

Evening,

RC has been gracious enough to change us from St. Lucia to Martinique on an upcoming sailing. Does anyone have some excursion recommendations? We depart in 20 days, so I'm crunched for time as far as research.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used this company last year. It was a really fun tour with many food samplings. The guide is the owner and she speaks really good English.

http://www.karamboletoursmartinique.com/infos/english.html?lang=fr

You might want to check that. If you are on Adventure of the Seas, I am being told that the itinerary did not change form St Lucia to Martinique that it is a computer glitch since the cruise this week had to change ports due to dredging all of the same itineraries are showing as changed on their website. This is as of this morning after talking to my TA.

You might want to check that. If you are on Adventure of the Seas, I am being told that the itinerary did not change form St Lucia to Martinique that it is a computer glitch since the cruise this week had to change ports due to dredging all of the same itineraries are showing as changed on their website. This is as of this morning after talking to my TA.

Yeah...That's the latest on my roll call. Who knows. The person I talked to yesterday said she was showing it had changed. I wish they could be consistent...not that I'll be holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been to Martinique 2 times. The 1st time we did an excursion from the ship - it was a 4 1/2 hour bus tour of the island and a beach visit. Well, the bus engine caught on fire - pulled off high way and firemen in full gear came to our rescue. Brought another bus and continued to the beach. However - our guide was very political and made some very uncomfortable remarks about the history of the island that were very inappropriate. Then we get to beach and only had about 45 minutes (due to fire) and the beach was very dirty - no food and filthy dirty bathrooms. On our return we sat in traffic and it took us forever to return to ship.

So, on our next visit to Martinique - we stayed on the ship and had a wonderful, relaxing day!

As I posted on the other thread about the itinerary change, we did a ship excursion 2 winters ago to Balata Gardens and loved the day. Very impressive, very beautiful site.

We used Karambole Tours when our itinerary was changed from St. Lucia to Martinique (Anthem - December 2016). Communication with Christelle was excellent, had no problems booking the tour and she was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We did the Pile et Face tour and would highly recommend it. She is an excellent guide, and provides you with tasters of home made pastries and also local drink......the Banana Wine was lovely. I could not fault this tour, it was very interesting from start to finish.

for Adventure it has changed for the up coming foreseeable future they are dredging to make it easier for some ships to come in, I spoke to Royal C. person yesterday they do not know how long it will last, but once they know they will e-mail people. So, for those on later cruises ie Aug, do not cancel your St. Lucia excursion or book with Martinique (private) unless you can get your money back. They are hoping by then to have the original itinerary going again.

Edited by catspaws65