Food Tour

iggyc

thats difficult because everything is so scattered in Belize. The places I would recommend are in the south of the country. There are alot of places in San Pedro including Lamamai chocolate.

Yes, but sounds like a version of salsa salsa without the salsa. No reviews on Carnival yet. Must be new. $80pp for 4 hours. From the description doesn't appear you go place to place, just to a beach (Cucumber maybe?) and see a demo or help with a demo and enjoy some of the creations. Maybe a brief city tour along the way?

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/belize/true-belizean-foodie-tour-509105

Other than the Carnival excursion option does anyone have suggestions for a food tour in Belize? I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

iggyc...no organized food tours. But with waking distance of the cruise pier you'll find local spots--Nerries, Anna's Lunchbox, and Marva's all around the swing bridge. For a bit more upscale-ish, there's Smokey Mermaid, just around the corner by the lighthouse at the Great House and Celebrity Restaurant further up Marine Parade in the Volta Building. Ask a taxi driver to take you to Sugarfix Bakery out about halfway toward the airport. There's supposed to be a great ice cream shoppe over across the swing bridge and out a ways. Maybe the taxi driver knows where it is, not really a great area to walk in.

• 2 months later...

My sister is a foodie and signed up for the Carnival "True Belizean Foodie Tour" for our cruise in mid-October 2017. There are now several 5-star reviews on the Carnival site and also a reply with details and pics on my post I put up yesterday - sounds like a fun tour (see link below)!

In addition, if you do an online search for "Taco Girl Belize Food Tour" there's a blog with descriptions and pics of private tour options.

My post with pics: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53768067#post53768067

Because this is a Carnival tour, I am assuming that this took place on the mainland, not in San Pedro. Taco Girl's food tour is in San Pedro and not likely many cruisers are going to fly over to be able to do this tour. Just want to point out the difference. I know nothing about a Carnival food tour.