Whale watching in icy strait point question. Need advice!

JP-Cruise

So as I mentioned on previous boards. I am a single cruiser and originally wanted to book with FISHES, they said I needed to wait for others book since they cannot take a single reservation. Last week I booked with Glacier wind charters, got the last spot.

But I just got an email from FISHES that they just booked 3 other people and there is now room for me. Should I cancel glacier Wind and go with FISHES??

I think you will come across equal numbers of great reviews for both companies. Personally, as I have been with Glacier Wind before, I am going to recommend them.

I would just say you need to look at what is offered by both companies and how it works for you but from what I have read, I don't think you will be disappointed whichever you choose.

I think you will come across equal numbers of great reviews for both companies. Personally, as I have been with Glacier Wind before, I am going to recommend them.

I would just say you need to look at what is offered by both companies and how it works for you but from what I have read, I don't think you will be disappointed whichever you choose.

Thank you for you advice. I appreciate it. I think the reason I'm leaning toward glacier wind is because their tour is half an hour longer

That is a positive, any additional time on the water would be a bonus for me!

Exactly! Glad you agree with me there. But one minor thing is it looks like people see more bears with FISHES since they cruise along chigacof island where the bears are. Or does glacier wind cruise by there as well? It's not a huge deal for me to see bears on the beaches cruising by the island though. After all I'm there for the whales. On one review for glacier wind, someone wrote they saw puffins :D

Exactly! Glad you agree with me there. But one minor thing is it looks like people see more bears with FISHES since they cruise along chigacof island where the bears are. Or does glacier wind cruise by there as well? It's not a huge deal for me to see bears on the beaches cruising by the island though. After all I'm there for the whales. On one review for glacier wind, someone wrote they saw puffins :D

Floyd (FISHES) and Shawn (Glacier Wind) do talk to each other while they are on the water as I have heard their conversations before. The captains exchange information on what they are seeing. Remember, wildlife is constantly moving and Floyd may see something and tell Shawn but by the time Shawn gets there it might have moved and vice versa. If you are really concerned about the bears drop Teresa/Shawn an e-mail and ask about the bears. When we go with Floyd and Shawn we go with no expectations and look forward to the journey whatever might present itself --- each trip has been different and that is the beauty of our experiences.

Floyd (FISHES) and Shawn (Glacier Wind) do talk to each other while they are on the water as I have heard their conversations before. The captains exchange information on what they are seeing. Remember, wildlife is constantly moving and Floyd may see something and tell Shawn but by the time Shawn gets there it might have moved and vice versa. If you are really concerned about the bears drop Teresa/Shawn an e-mail and ask about the bears. When we go with Floyd and Shawn we go with no expectations and look forward to the journey whatever might present itself --- each trip has been different and that is the beauty of our experiences.

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate and couldn't agree more about expectations