LIVE BLOG WITH PICS: Freedom OTS - Western Med - 21 May 2017

Following! Enjoy you're cruise! I hope you guys have a fabulous time!

We're on Freedom for the first time in April 2018. I'm hoping one day to do a Med cruise, so can't wait for your posts and pictures!!

Have a Blast!!! :p

Carol

and we are following as well ;) .... Tom, you have to have a drink for us at the R Bar and definitely take part in The Quest!!!! :D

Have a great time and hopefully one time we will sail together again :)

I will definitely look forward to your report! We were on for the transatlantic cruise and I can definitely understand why many people say that Freedom is their favorite ship! It's a great size..neither too big or too small..I love the layout..for the first time I had no problem at all finding my way about and I loved the fact that they had the stateroom finder near each elevator so that you could see exactly which route to take to get to your cabin..rather than walk endlessly till you finally found it! The cruise director, Michele, was great as well. I know he was about to go on holiday so I'm curious as to who is replacing him.

Enjoy..and thanks for taking us along!

Camelia

and we are following as well ;) .... Tom, you have to have a drink for us at the R Bar and definitely take part in The Quest!!!! :D

Have a great time and hopefully one time we will sail together again :)

You know I'll be making R-Bar my second home, and I try never to miss the quest!

Hope we can sail together again soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a great cruise Tom, will be interesting to hear your review, as I've not been on RCCL and as somewhat put off by NCL thinking they may be similar

I'm doing a NCL cruise (my first) a couple of days after this cruise. I love Royal, they're my home, but always happy to experiment! ;)

Following as well! We are on the Freedom on June 4th. We sailed on her in March for a Caribbean cruise with our kids. Looking forward to this non-kid adventure. Can't wait to hear about your experiences.

Looking forward to following along! Hoping to get over to Europe and do a med cruise next summer! :cool:

You're right, iPhone 7 Plus does take incredible photos! People probably won't even notice! (y)

So we spent last night at my friend's house near Gatwick. I'd like to say we had a restful night's sleep, but we ate loads of hot dogs, drank lots of gin and Prosecco and danced (badly) to Eurovision hits on YouTube.

Luckily I don't get hangovers, so bright and breezy at 04:50 this morning I got up to get ready. Isn't it funny how easily you can get up at 04:50 for a holiday, but 07:30 for work is the worst thing ever?

So currently we're on the local train to the airport.

We got free flights with British Airways included in our package from Royal Caribbean. Unfortunately due to the way they group booked the flight we weren't able to check in online, so we have to do it the old fashioned way - queuing.

51522ccf29b1d41c468555cdf0f47d6e.jpg

This morning is going very smoothly!

We arrived at London Gatwick at 06:25, we were greeted by a Royal Caribbean host in the British Airways check-in zone.

5456660e3ad17341822dfcff1ac7efef.jpg

We checked in quickly, and were through security by 07:10. It still amazes me how bad the general public are at navigating security. You're adults, you've done this many times. *eye roll*

Anywhoooooo... we're now in The Flying Horse in the departures lounge having a pre flight drink. Or two.

3b57bf0a3f50be0e4d17d54ad61d008d.jpg

We've just got to Barcelona El Prat Airport.

We picked up our luggage after a fairly long wait at the baggage carousel. Customs and passport control were a breeze with out e-passports.

As soon as we headed out of the baggage reclaim hall it was easy to spot the Royal Caribbean hosts on the left, near Cafe Jamaica.

We've had our luggage taken off us, and been assigned to the 'purple group' with stickers and shortly we'll be boarding a coach to the cruise terminal/pier.

So check-in and transfer worked differently than I was expecting after doing seven cruises, and one of Barcelona.

We were met at arrivals by a RCCL host, who gave us a colour coded sticker, then took us downstairs to a mini cruise-terminal within the airport.

We completed our health questionnaires, checked in with out setsail passes, and got our seapass cards.

We then waited for about 15 minutes to board a coach and now are on our way to the ship.