Got Questions About MSC Meraviglia?

Editor Gina

The symbol for bunks is a square so any cabin with 2 squares showing?? From the deck plans I can only see some of the aft cabins having 2 squares. I can't zoom in closely enough on my laptop to find any others.

Hi all,

Cruise Critic will be onboard MSC Meraviglia May 31 to June 4, for a sneak peek of the new ship -- which will kick off with cruises in Europe before coming to Miami 2019.

If there are any questions you have, or specific areas you'd like to see, you can start submitting requests now, and we'll do our best to honor them once we're on the ship. :)

We also will be posting live updates to our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages (make sure to 'follow' us!), as well as writing a couple news stories and a live blog on what to expect.

Stay tuned!

G

Hi Gina, did you manage to get any photos of the oceanveiw cabins ?

thank you so much for your speedy reply. You're awesome!!!

The symbol for bunks is a square so any cabin with 2 squares showing?? From the deck plans I can only see some of the aft cabins having 2 squares. I can't zoom in closely enough on my laptop to find any others.

It depends. The deck plans will show if there is a sofa bed in the cabin using either a triangle (sofa bed) or a diamond (double sofa bed) symbol. It appears that most balcony cabins have a sofa bed - but not all.

A link to the deck plans:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-meraviglia-technical-sheet.pdf

thanks for your kind help

Which of the restaurants onboard are available with no additional surcharge?

The Marketplace buffet and the MDRs (Panorama, Waves, L'Olive Doré and L'Olivo D'Oro) of which you will be assigned a table in one for dinner - which one you'll be in will depend on what cabin and 'Experience' you've booked.

The following is the original plan for dining onboard Meraviglia:

http://cdn.msccruises-platform.com/msc/press//media/press-materials/attachments/meraviglia-dining-factsheet_2.pdf

However, flexi-dining was suspended so it's not possible to say for certain how restaurants are being assigned. Keep a look-out for reviews with updates of the current situation.

If you have a look at Beamafar post of the daily programs which is here > MSC Meraviglia's Daily Programs

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2515551

From the first week it was on at 7pm and 9pm (6:30 & 8:30 if you were having dinner). This was when only the Sonor show was on rather than both so I'm guessing it's now more days per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 dining slots - Early and Late. You will be assigned one or the other. You must check the daily planners for times as, though they're fairly set, it is possible that they may be changed on a particular day for logistical reasons. If the set time (you get Early but want Late, or vice versa) doesn't suit you can see the m'D on embarkation day and request a change.

You will probably be assigned to Waves restaurant on account of your Bella booking. Breakfast and lunch were also served in Waves when I was onboard. You can also dine in the buffet. All other venues incur charges.

When you arrive at the port and hand over your luggage to the porters, you will be given a number on entering the terminal. Embarkation will probably begin at about 11am. The lower the number you receive, the quicker you will board the ship.

Edited by Beamafar

Thanks, I was about to complete the API and complete the web check in but my passport is up for renewal !! am I able to enter the existing details and then complete the web check in and then go back and amend the passport details when the new one comes through?

We have the fantastic package is this the basic package?

There are 2 dining slots - Early and Late. You will be assigned one or the other. You must check the daily planners for times as, though they're fairly set, it is possible that they may be changed on a particular day for logistical reasons. If the set time (you get Early but want Late, or vice versa) doesn't suit you can see the m'D on embarkation day and request a change.

You will probably be assigned to Waves restaurant on account of your Bella booking. Breakfast and lunch were also served in Waves when I was onboard. You can also dine in the buffet. All other venues incur charges.

When you arrive at the port and hand over your luggage to the porters, you will be given a number on entering the terminal. Embarkation will probably begin at about 11am. The lower the number you receive, the quicker you will board the ship.

We have the fantastic package is this the basic package?

Fantastica is an 'Experience' level and not a "package" which applies to descriptions of promotional drinks bundles.

I assumed you were in a 'Bella' Experience cabin when you said "basic inside cabin". If you have a 'Fantastica' booking, your MDR for dinner will be either L'Olive Doré or L'Olivo D'Oro. You'll be advised of this at embarkation.

Here's a link that shows what the different 'Experiences' are and what benefits accrue to each:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53659468&postcount=20

Thanks, I was about to complete the API and complete the web check in but my passport is up for renewal !! am I able to enter the existing details and then complete the web check in and then go back and amend the passport details when the new one comes through?

I wouldn't input any information that's going to be out-of-date soon. Best to wait 'til you have the new passports.

What's the latest with the evening dining times, are there two slots or not ?

Leave on 20th October out of Barcelona

At the moment just two slots. One at 6:45 and the other at 9:30 as Bea said just check the program to confirm times each day ( they didn't change at all last week ).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums