Hotel in Venice with rooftop terrace

Trixie21

Maybe a slightly strange question but does anyone know of a good hotel in Venice with a rooftop terrace ? We are looking for a hotel for a pre cruise stay in Venice for next June . When in Rome last year we had a hotel with a rooftop terrace and it was a beautiful place to spend the evening with a glass of wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We stayed at Hotel Ala in Venice. It had a rooftop terrace. Nice hotel in heart of Venice. Alilaguna orange line from airport with no bridges to cross. Only negative was that it had a hard bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please advise name of hotel in Rome and was it only drinks or you could eat as well ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was the independent hotel. Not quite in the tourist heart of Rome but close to the main transport hub and easy enough to get everywhere. The breakfast room opened up onto the terrace and was a great place to have breakfast in the morning also. Small hotel so didn't provide lunches or dinner but lots of good local restaurants in the nearby streets. Would definitely stay there again when next in Rome .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hotel Ala pricey? It all depends on a person's budget. I think we paid $210 per night including taxes.

It was a fun location because we had the singing gondoliers go by several times a day right below our window.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a room at the Westin Europa & Regina that had french doors that opened up onto the roof to give us a nice private rooftop retreat. Booked with points in the middle of winter, so I don't know if that was a standard room or not, but it was not a big room, just a room with a King bed. Yes, it's expensive if you aren't doing points.