Vineyard Visits for non-drinkers

steverhodes

It is really easy to get well intentioned bad advice. Before we went to Portugal last September (2016) in Viking, we asked a Portuguese member of the crew on another Viking trip about Portugal. Trying to be helpful and knowing we didn't drink, he recommended against it for us since they visit so many vineyards.

We went anyway and had a fabulous time. Yes we did visit 3 vineyards, but we found the guides wonderful and the views frequently breathtaking. Plus there was so much of the trip that didn't involve wine/port.

Here are 3 pictures from Portugal and 2 from our Viking Avignon to Lyon trip.

efa083b281e3a37629101527dd35eaeb.jpg

3185b011f638e01cdded5085342438e4.jpg

b77f9085b98d65f7287f4d679eb2bd56.jpg

2435bca0165249385138df780679f770.jpg

fba5f543e0d1f73f60e3f1d2bb438bda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can definatly say that I am not a non drinker and I realy do enjoy visiting vineyards and wine tasting although I encountered a slight problem on our Bordeaux cruise with Scenic last year. I enjoy most grape varieties but 1and only 1 causes me a problem, a couple of sips and within 10 minutes a blinding headache, that grape variety is Merlot and the majority of wines from the Bordeaux area are heavy on the Merlot grape (I did know this before we went so was prepared) So some superb dry visits to wineries the architecture, views and interesting history enough to keep me happy. CA

I agree... we do drink wine, but it's something we can take or leave. However, going to the winery tours does tend to get you out and away from the river to see more scenery...and that's what I will be looking for!