Cloud 9 Spa

My hubby and I are thinking about getting a couples message. Neither of us has ever had one and I am not sure where to start. What is the difference between Swedish, and Deep Tissue?? Should we get one at Cloud 9 or get one on the beach in one of the ports??? Also If my hubby backs out at the last min can a friend, or sister what will be cruising with us?

start at a Spa at home and save 50%, the massages on the ship are outrageous. I get regular massages at home. The average massage price is $60 an hour, unless you go to a hotel or cruise ship. The cruise ship is about $120 for 55 minutes, plus they try and sell you spa products. We love the Cloud 9 Spa and get spa cabins the last 2 cruises, just not the massages.

I personally would get one at port, save yourself some $$$ and the hassle of the spa staff trying to sell you all of their products.

I am no expert but this is my interpretation of the difference between the two. Swedish is more focused on relaxation and deep tissue is more concentrated on healing. Swedish is the most common type of massage and what I would get for a first time massage.

My hubby and I are thinking about getting a couples message. Neither of us has ever had one and I am not sure where to start. What is the difference between Swedish, and Deep Tissue?? Should we get one at Cloud 9 or get one on the beach in one of the ports??? Also If my hubby backs out at the last min can a friend, or sister what will be cruising with us?

I've seen couples massages go for up to $300 on some ships. Swedish is relaxing long strokes and Deep Tissue is lots of pressure, sometimes using elbows to relieve stress.

Port massages are much less, but hit or miss. Roatan Tabayana offers an hour massage for $25 or 30, but I didn't think it was worth it. Grenada, Costa Maya, and St Kitts Carambola were excellent.

I don't know what's so special about couples massages. When we both were in the room together we might as well have been doing seperate massages. We were recently in Aitutaki in the Cook Islands and had another couples massage. We said afterwards that at least we didn't book seperately and had to wait for each other. Maybe someone else will say that it's romantic, or relationship building or something else, well then, good for them. We just didn't buy into what we considered hype.