Help with Info on cabin 8520 - Discovery

Hi, 1st cruise on Thomson Discovery in August and am looking at room number 8520. Please could anyone share any info on this room with regards to location, noise, room size & balcony and amenities. Thanks for your help..

Hi, 1st cruise on Thomson Discovery in August and am looking at room number 8520. Please could anyone share any info on this room with regards to location, noise, room size & balcony and amenities. Thanks for your help..

Junior suites are excellent in size and have a large balcony with table and chairs plus a sun lounger. There is a seating area with easy chairs and a coffee table inside adjacent to the patio doors.

Large comfortable queen sized bed.

They are equipped with tea and coffee plus kettle, and also a coffee machine. There is a minibar/fridge.

The bathroom is a reasonable size with shower over the bath. Clarins toiletries are provided, as are bathrobes and slippers.

8520 is a 4 berth positioned below the pool deck area and may suffer from some noise from sunbeds etc, particularly in the morning. There is also an overhang which limits sun on the balcony. To avoid that you need to be astern of 8540, which is under the Glasshouse area and less prone to noise from above.

I hope this helps.

Hi browner1974 are you certain they have some JSs available [emoji15]

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Junior suites are excellent in size and have a large balcony with table and chairs plus a sun lounger. There is a seating area with easy chairs and a coffee table inside adjacent to the patio doors.

Large comfortable queen sized bed.

They are equipped with tea and coffee plus kettle, and also a coffee machine. There is a minibar/fridge.

The bathroom is a reasonable size with shower over the bath. Clarins toiletries are provided, as are bathrobes and slippers.

8520 is a 4 berth positioned below the pool deck area and may suffer from some noise from sunbeds etc, particularly in the morning. There is also an overhang which limits sun on the balcony. To avoid that you need to be astern of 8540, which is under the Glasshouse area and less prone to noise from above.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your help, have changed room to 8568. Hoping this is a better location??

Thanks for your help, have changed room to 8568. Hoping this is a better location??

Yes, we had 8566 in the Caribbean end March/early April and it was fine. There is a narrow interconnecting door between those two cabins but you can't hear anything through it at all, it's like part of the wall.

It's a very peaceful location as you get little through traffic.

We thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm sure you will too.

Yes, we had 8566 in the Caribbean end March/early April and it was fine. There is a narrow interconnecting door between those two cabins but you can't hear anything through it at all, it's like part of the wall.

Thanks for your help :D

Just one question Jake 26 did you have any problems from the Veranda above.

Just one question Jake 26 did you have any problems from the Veranda above.

No, there was an occasional trolley rumble when they were clearing things up in the Glasshouse above, but we were forward of the Veranda area.

We chatted to a couple who were in an aft JS, and they had no problems.

We had 8053 last year. Nice room, no problems with that at all. Our only issue was the loud music from the pool area. There was no way of avoiding it from that cabin. On that basis, select a room as far away from the pool area as possible would be my advice. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums