Drinks package upgrade on independence

Hi folks we head off on our first rc cruise in September and when we booked the package included select .. rc then changed the drinks packages so we called to see what offers they had.. the option was stay with the wine and beer which suits hubby or upgrade for $10 per day plus gratuities to deluxe package.. we are on rc fb pages and in the cruise compass they Are now charging $15 per day to upgrade... hubby have rc a quick call and it is documented on our file that we have been told $10 per day to upgrade - Only me that is upgrading - so folks if you are unsure give rc a call am sure they will help you out xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of people have said the note on the booking doesn't count and that rc can charge what they want when they want ! I find this very unfair - have now emailed rc too get a confirmation email sent for the $10 upgrade! I really didn't think things would be this complicated [emoji25]

What tax? Others have reported $11.80 per day, which is with the 18% gratuity.

The infamous Spanish additional tax on everything... assuming this cruise calls in Spain as it's a Med one

Suppose if you purchase it before it arrives in spain you don't pay the additonal tax though ?

The infamous Spanish additional tax on everything... assuming this cruise calls in Spain as it's a Med one

Suppose if you purchase it before it arrives in spain you don't pay the additonal tax though ?

That's what I have read.

We are on the Independence right now and the Spanish VAT is only charged when you are within 15 miles of the Spanish coast - at least that is what the Bar Manager at Vintages told us last night. There was no VAT added to anything we purchased yesterday.

Hi, we got off of Indy yesterday and upgraded from Select to Deluxe as soon as we boarded in Southampton. We were charged $15 a day.

We did goto Spain but not until 4 days into the cruise and have no idea if the Spain thing affected us. We seemed to have paid the same as others on the previous cruise.

We have just returned off the Indy.

As the cruise departs the UK it is British VAT of 20% that is levied to your bills. There are large signs up advising this.

We had a drinks package included, but we were told by another cruiser that they were told the price shown for the package they bought was subject to 18% gratuity plus UK VAT.

We are on the Independence right now and the Spanish VAT is only charged when you are within 15 miles of the Spanish coast - at least that is what the Bar Manager at Vintages told us last night. There was no VAT added to anything we purchased yesterday.

I see that the drink package on board is $65 a day could you check if that includes gratuity or not. I have read that in the UK it is included.

Rc got back In touch with me after I then sent them an email stating it is $15 to upgrade per person per day including tax- I know it isn't much more to ask but what is most annoying is that customer service and what's happening on Board are both different- I advised rc they need to both be advising the same so as when people are on board they aren't getting charged more than what is being quoted ! Xxx

Rc got back In touch with me after I then sent them an email stating it is $15 to upgrade per person per day including tax- I know it isn't much more to ask but what is most annoying is that customer service and what's happening on Board are both different- I advised rc they need to both be advising the same so as when people are on board they aren't getting charged more than what is being quoted ! Xxx

Crazy how they seem to have completely forgotten about the $10 per day upgrade cost they quoted to multiple people last year.

We're on the Adventure out of San Juan in September on a B2B. We got the Select package for free and when they changed the drinks packages I got them to confirm via email that we would only need to pay $10 per day each to upgrade, which they did. If I get on that ship and find that they want to charge me $15 I'll have a mighty toddler tantrum!!

We got an email last September, when they did away with the select package, telling us we could upgrade for $10 per day + grats. The cruise it pertains to is not until this Nov, it has the booking ref at the top. I will print it off to take onboard & will not pay a penny more.