Coke Zero?

NoName

I am about 8.5 months away from my first ever Celebrity cruise. I have the drink package as a perk. Recently I read here that canned soda was no longer included in the drink package, that you have to upgrade to premium to have it be included. My problem is that I doubt they stock coke zero in the fountain soda dispenser? I don't care to receive the can, they can pour it directly into a cup before handing it to me?

I HATE diet coke, but LOVE coke zero. Will I be able to get coke zero as part of the classic package? It is absolutely not worth upgrading for me as I will have 1 or 2 mixed drinks the entire cruise. I will hate to have to carry my coke zero onboard.....feels cheap.....

I don't know the answer to your question. You didn't state where your cruise starts. I have found diet coke and coke zero taste different depending on where it is produced, as they change the formulas used in different parts of the world. When in Europe we had coke light instead of diet coke, and we had three different formulations throughout a 2 week cruise (in cans).

This comment is mainly for celebrity - please continue to stock both diet coke and coke zero. I get bad headaches from the sweetener used in most of the "zero" drinks - ace K. I drink diet coke and other aspartame drinks with no issues, even though they taste "fake".

I am going on the eclipse on Sep 28 . I am I right in thinking with the classic drinks package you are no longer entitled to cans of soda ? If I need to upgrade to premium is it best on ship or add now with celebrity

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The price to upgrade is the same on the ship as buying it before the cruise. I would wait to see if whatever drink you want is on the classic package....because it varies by ship, cruise and even bartender.....before you upgrade. If you decide to upgrade on the ship, you can do so at any bar or at guest services...it's very easy.

As far as coke zero...,.you can bring a case or two of water/soda on to the ship when you embark or at any port....no extra charge, etc.....just put a label on the case with your cabin number and drop it off with your bags.

I have always gotten cans of Coke Zero when I have had the Classic package. The last time was November, 2016 on Infinity. If I don't have a drink package, I bring a 12 pack on board and check it in with my luggage.

Carolyn