Aft balconies

oscardog

I guess the next most important question then is....Will the butler deliver drinks? Are they included in UBP?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only been in a Haven category once, but from what I understand- if you ask your Butler to deliver drinks you are charged for them. When you enter the Haven area, there is a fabulous bar there with bartenders that take the most excellent care of you:D

Are the aft balcony rooms on escape a good distance from the stairs or elevator? Or is it quick and easily accessible?

We are in haven aft bc we love the large balcony....but sad to not be in the haven proper. I'm so tornn

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just on the escape in a aft Haven suite. This question has come up multiple times so I timed it. I walk slow due to bad ankles but it only took me 3 minutes to walk from the front elevators to my cabin. If you have no issues you could probably do it in half that time without issue.

Even with my ankles it didn't really bother me if I was just going to the Haven. Ports were a little different since they always used the forward elevators for getting off the ship in port.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

How about the Aft Balconies on the Pearl? I heard that Deck 9 is better because of Great Outdoors noise on 10.

Anyone know?

I never noticed noise from above. We will be enjoying an aft balcony on the Pearl in 12 days, deck 10

Thanks for a reply.

I now realize that The Great Outdoors is on Deck 11.

So Balconies and mini Suites are on 8 and 10.

I agree that Aft Balcony cabins, whether it be balcony, mini suite or penthouse suite, are some of the best for Alaska. Whale watching is better IMHO. By the time the captain announced whales, they are already aft of ship.

Since it is usually very cold, wind is much less in the back.

Enjoy your adventure to Alaska!

We had an aft mini suite on Deck 9 on the Sun last year for our Panama Canal cruise and it was absolutely wonderful. Yes, there were occasions where we had soot on the balcony but it was a small price to pay for an outstanding view. We occasionally wiped down the furniture and our room steward also stayed on top of it.

We now have an aft balcony booked on Deck 12 on the Bliss next year for our Alaska cruise! So excited! Having an aft balcony will be fantastic for Alaska. :)

We have an Aft Penthouse with Balcony booked for Alaska in September. Curious if we will get "bid" email to upgrade. Now realizing that Aft Balcony is still the best and will probably ignore upgrade offers. :p