July 9 , 2017 single seniors

lolabarnett

I am very anxious for my cruise on The getaway. I've been invited with my daughter and her husband and family. I'm wondering how many single people are on the cruise? I'm a single lady 62 years young and I'm hoping there are other singles on board. Lola

If you let us know the itinerary and length of cruise, that's helpful to give you an idea of what you might encounter. I believe the Getaway is currently in the Baltics, but don't know if it'll still be there in July. Typically Caribbean cruises have a younger crowd. Cruises longer than seven days or Alaskan or European itineraries tend to have older crowds. The larger ships with studio cabins have more solos. You can go to the solo gathering each evening even if you're not staying in a studio and that's a great place to connect with other solo cruisers. I was in a studio on the Epic, and the solos ranged in age from 21 up into their 70s or more.

As NLH said, a great place to start is your roll call. You may find other solos there. On my epic cruise last year there were several solos who participated on the roll call and we had a great time on the ship!

definitely go to the solo lounge event each night - you can meet others and sign up for shared dinners and events listed on the board.

when I sailed EPIC the solo lounge ranged from 21-80's - it was a great mix of folks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I frequently sail solo and have a wonderful time. You will be surprised at the number of solo cruisers on board. So much so that most ships have an area devoted to single cabins. Have a wonderful cruise.