Not enough to do on P&O ships

dave2

Interesting thread.

We've been travelling with P&O for 16 years (not as long as some, but long enough) but have also tried Cunard, Seabourn and Hebridean Island Cruises, most of which are generally quiet, laid back cruise lines.

When we started we were in our early 30's; we're now nearly 50. This seems to be against the trend that all 'younger' people want noise etc etc. We don't and never have.

We did go to the shows early on, but no longer do so (except on Britannia to see the newer ones).

We have also attended some of the speakers talks, which we have enjoyed very much, but, again, generally, no longer do so.

Cruising is something we do for the peace and quiet. We've always enjoyed simply looking at the sea/ocean, with the occasional bit of a read (and the 'occasional' drink [emoji6]).

We also prefer the adult only ships for the peace that they provide compared to the family ones.

We probably would not like the more, shall we say, 'glitzy' ships and I doubt very much we will ever go on them.

I do think that some people do not do enough, or any, research, and end up on a cruise line/ship that they do not like.

All the things that we have always enjoyed about cruising seem to go against what most people want to get out of a cruise, ie. lots of activities and needing something to 'do'.

This doesn't make us right, or anyone else wrong, it just means we all want something different.

This is why it is an extremely good thing that there are now so many different cruise lines.

Happy Cruising Everyone! [emoji4]

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

I am looking forward to exploring Navigator, having watched various videos and Cruise Critics photo shoot from when Navigator first came over to the UK I am getting quite excited. The layout seems significantly different to the Grand Princess design that we are used to on P&O and it looks to be so much bigger than Azura or Ventura but still only the same number of passengers. It will also be interesting to compare it to Celebrity Eclipse with which we are also familiar.

It is about 20% bigger than Ventura.You are right to check out the ship beforehand,most things are centred around the central promenade deck 5 and the Schooner bar deck 4 is always lively.