Anyone been to a midnight buffet recently??

matymil

I'm guessing a mixture of public space to passenger ratio and a large number of New Yorkers on board. Just a wild guess. ;-) I hope with the new sardine can ships this doesn't become the norm. Nah, I don't think it will, except on cruises from certain ports maybe.

Can I ask what that is supposed mean? :confused:

Welcome to sailing with the "New York" crowd. (Before you give me hell for that comment, understand that I used to work at NYPD, and I know of what I speak.)

"SKY"

I have family who are NYPD and FDNY. I respect your job and opinion for where you worked but NOT everyone from New York should be lumped into such a rude comment.

The Gala Buffets we've been to on our Journeys Cruises have been amazingly creative and great fun. The two on Miracle were the best. Simply gorgeous! :hearteyes:

Happy to hear this! I am sailing on the Alaska journey in September as well as the Panama Canal repo Journey on the Miracle. Going to miss having Spirit class ship on the west coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SO what time did this midnight buffet start?

The crew opens the doors at 11 pm for photo ops only (no touching). Some of the designs are true artistry, but many are very basic.

Then about midnight they allow those lines up to eat, head in to the MDR to get the food. By 1am they try to close the MDR down by starting to take dishes away from the serving tables.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app