Margaritas and guacamole

abowsi

We're (husband, son and self) sailing May 13, 2006 on Caribbean Princess for the first time (9 prior cruises on RCCL). We really enjoyed having margaritas and chips/salsa/guacamole on Mariner of the Seas in the Windjammer Cafe every afternoon. Does CP have anything like this available?

thanks in advance,

Mindy

I am also a guac and salsa and Margarita nut. We just returned from the CB this week. They had chips, salsa and guac in the Caribe Cafe every night after 10pm. They also had it during some lunches and some dinners. The guac was terrific! The salsa had a little too much onion for me. Of course that didn't stop me from filling up a bowl to go with my plate of chips and a margarita out on the deck!

Thanks so much for everyone's help - I guess, though, the answers have opened another question for me - on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas there were "snacks" every afternoon from 3p-5p (approx. times) in the Windjammer (which is what I am comparing in my mind to the Caribe Cafe) with small sandwiches, cakes, cookies etc. and my beloved chips and salsa and guacamole. Since we haven't been on CP before or any line other than RCCL does anyone know if these two buffet areas are similar in the food that is served? Buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner with snacks in between meal times?

thanks again,

Mindy

We ordered Guacamole and chips on our Golden Princess cruise last year through room service. It did cost a little extra (sorry don't remember exact amount but believe it was less then $10). We had to order it a day in advance, but it was the freshest home made guacamole we've ever eaten. The only complaint was that the serving was huge. We couldn't finish it and had a hard time finding room for dinner that night!

Thanks so much for everyone's help - I guess, though, the answers have opened another question for me - on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas there were "snacks" every afternoon from 3p-5p (approx. times) in the Windjammer (which is what I am comparing in my mind to the Caribe Cafe) with small sandwiches, cakes, cookies etc. and my beloved chips and salsa and guacamole. Since we haven't been on CP before or any line other than RCCL does anyone know if these two buffet areas are similar in the food that is served? Buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner with snacks in between meal times?

thanks again,

Mindy

The buffet on the CP is served in the Horizon Court. There is cut off time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but food service there is continuous. There are plenty food choices available most of the time except 2-4am. I think they keep the choices to a minimum for that time slot, but there were still ample amount of food for middle-of-the-night snackers.

Guacamole and chips are not available every afternoon on CP, but you will find lots of food (hot and cold entree, desserts, fruits) for afternoon snacks at the Horizon Court.

Guacamole, salsa and tortila chips are also usually available on the CB in the Cafe Caribe late at night. The salsa is a bit watery and balnd and the guac is just plain bland. But if you let the sals drain on a late for a minute... mix a few big spoonfuls of it into the guac and then dose it with Tabasco sauce (also available) - it's not bad.

They do put out afternoon snacks in horizon court, often you will find the guac and chips but not everyday. I found it more on a Mexican itinerary than the others I've been on. Around 3:30 they put out free ice cream for make your own sundaes.

If they don't have it out, ask one of the staff if they can get it for you. Sometimes they can do that--I saw someone ask a desert server for flan once. The server went into the back room and a couple of minutes later came out with a huge platter of it to serve.

No going hungry!!

The buffet on the CP is served in the Horizon Court. There is cut off time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but food service there is continuous. There are plenty food choices available most of the time except 2-4am. I think they keep the choices to a minimum for that time slot, but there were still ample amount of food for middle-of-the-night snackers.

Guacamole and chips are not available every afternoon on CP, but you will find lots of food (hot and cold entree, desserts, fruits) for afternoon snacks at the Horizon Court.

Here are the dining times for the different dining venues on the Caribbean Princess.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/diningA.html

Bill

Haven't heard from anyone whether the margaritas are worth trying or not. Anyone tried them? We had a mission this last summer trying to make the perfect margarita so i'd love to try a good one aboard the CB.

Also, what is the diff between the Horizon court and the caribe cafe? I'm guessing that horizon court is like the windjammer on Royal Carib, but don't know what the horizon court is.

thx

The Horizon Ct. is where the buffets is served. The Caribe Cafe is a separate part of the buffet area where casual dining is set up if you do not want to go to the dining room in the evening.

Marilyn

Haven't heard from anyone whether the margaritas are worth trying or not. Anyone tried them? We had a mission this last summer trying to make the perfect margarita so i'd love to try a good one aboard the CB.

Also, what is the diff between the Horizon court and the caribe cafe? I'm guessing that horizon court is like the windjammer on Royal Carib, but don't know what the horizon court is.

I think all margaritas are worth a try!! :D I had the frozen one on the CB, they were ok - not the best I've had, not the worst I've had. On the rocks is slightly better, but it completely depends on the bartender.

Now, if you find yourself in Ocho Rios, get over to Margaritaville! They are the best I've ever had!!! Go over to the swim up bar, try a couple of those and then head down the waterslide!!!

Archived