It's the little things... Countdown Checklist

It's the little things like when you pay off your cruise leading up to it! When you have to wait until November it's nice to have some little things to keep my mind in "Vacation Is Coming" mode...

Cruise Payoff - DONE!

Still to come... Hotel Reservations - Cheers Purchase - Finalize Excursions - Steakhouse Reservations - New Luggage Purchase (Prime Day???)

What else do you do leading up to your cruise? Need more things to add to my list!

I got a great piece of luggage at Marshall's for a good price. It's muti-colored and holds a ton of stuff.

Arrange for parking your car. About a week before the trip call cc company to tell them you will be out of country. Buy any clothes you might want. Check if your current things fit properly. Get some books to read. Read about ports, think about excursions.

I have a few last minute things to buy that I want to take.

I purchased Snorkeling sets for the entire family.

Arranged to have the dog boarded.

My girlfriend is making personalized water bottles for all of us to take.

All of my documents are printed and I prepaid gratuities last night.

Arranged for parking the car and transfers to the port (sailing out of Tampa).

Texted the kids a picture of the countdown screen on my phone, 21 days to go (they're at Grandmas)!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a few last minute things to buy that I want to take.

I purchased Snorkeling sets for the entire family.

Arranged to have the dog boarded.

My girlfriend is making personalized water bottles for all of us to take.

All of my documents are printed and I prepaid gratuities last night.

Arranged for parking the car and transfers to the port (sailing out of Tampa).

Texted the kids a picture of the countdown screen on my phone, 21 days to go (they're at Grandmas)!

Did you get a good deal on the snorkeling? I am on the fence in regards to tbuying or renting.

Tie multi colored ribbons around your luggage handle so it's easier to find. Make sure your luggage tags are secured to your luggage other than just being stapled . Some people use clear tape .

I tri-fold the luggage tags (as directed on the tags) and laminate with clear packing tape. I borrow a stapler from the hotel before heading to the ship and secure them to our luggage. I also include a copy of the tag and place it inside any checked piece, just in case something happens to the one attached on the outside. Anything I carry on also has a luggage tag in it, in case we get separated.

I also take and keep several zip-top bags. They come in handy to keep things dry if we're in an area where there is potential of getting wet (beach, pool, etc.).

I tri-fold the luggage tags (as directed on the tags) and laminate with clear packing tape. I borrow a stapler from the hotel before heading to the ship and secure them to our luggage. I also include a copy of the tag and place it inside any checked piece, just in case something happens to the one attached on the outside. Anything I carry on also has a luggage tag in it, in case we get separated.

I also take and keep several zip-top bags. They come in handy to keep things dry if we're in an area where there is potential of getting wet (beach, pool, etc.).

That's good advice , I use clear packing tape as well . I just don't use staples, instead I tape around the luggage tag in the opposite direction close to the handle. Years ago in a discussion with one of the crew seems the staples tear out easy as the luggage gets man handled a bit. Also they can leave small sharp edges that cut the crews hands. Made sense to me.