partially obstructed view cabins on the Grand?

Minnie42

can anyone tell me about cabin E405 or E415 on the Grand and which would be the better cabin for a view? They are both listed as partially obstructed views.

thanks,

Kathy

until our next cruise - Star Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Explorer of the Seas 8/30/03

Grand Princess 9/1/02

I have not stayed in these cabins but did stay in one on D deck that had a great view, between 2 life boats. You may get a good view or you may not.Sometimes you can tell by looking at the brochure of the deck plan on the princess site, as I remember

Oskidunker

From the deck plans cabin E405 would have a better view but deck plans can be deceiving. Find some pics that show the outside of the ship, side view, and have a close look at them.

Some ships have a permanent structure (looks like a storage compartment) in the middle of the ship outside the partial view classed cabins.

I know on the Diamond/Sapphire there are a couple of cabins in this section that are actually classed as fully obst. NOT partially obst. because of this structure, even though on the plans it does not show it.

Just so your not disappointed in your choice, check carefully before committing to a specific cabin in this particular area.

Cheers,

Kim

Sapphire Princess Roll Call Christmas/New Year Cruise Syd-Auk 23 Dec 2004

My pics from Alaska, June 2003

http://community.webshots.com/user/kimba_99

Does anyone know what the "partial obstruction" actually is? I can't find a ship photo that gets close enough in to see what the outside area looks like. If the obstruction is simply when looking side to side (lifeboats a few cabins away), or down to the promenade deck, then these cabins may be hidden gems.

Anyone been in one of these cabins? Or have a close up photo of the outside of the ship?

Denise

Minnie42 - The deck plans list cabins E405 and E415 as ocean view with balcony cabins. It doesn't appear that either has a lifeboat hanging in front of it. Here's a picture of the Grand from the side. If you count back 5 lifeboats, there is an open area... which is where those balcony cabins are. It appears that E415 might have a post of some kind in front of it, but E405 appears to be wide open.

Grand Princess side view

CruisinD - We were in an obstructed view on the Grand in March E424. It appeared from the pictures that it would be completely obstructed, but the only obstruction was the front of a lifeboat which hung BELOW our window. Looking straight out, all you saw was blue sky and horizon. IF you climbed on the bed and looked down from the window then all you could see was lifeboat, but who the heck is going to do THAT?

TinaLee

Sail Away on Caribbean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks everyone for your help - We actually ended up with cabin E401 - still looks okay from what I can see and we are waitlisted for a balcony. I'm just happy to be cruising but wanted to get the best available view.

Explorer of the Seas 8/30/03

Grand Princess 9/1/02

Archived