Crowne Plaza Miami International Airport

bravesfan19

I'm not usually one to post reviews but our experience with the hotels shuttle service with this hotel was so bad, I thought everyone should be informed. We arrived at the Miami international airport at 2:00 am due to a delayed flight. I immediately called the hotel to confirm we were at the airport with all our bags and ready to go. I was told to wait and it would be a maximum of 20 minutes till the shuttle arrived. After 45 minutes of waiting, a shuttle finally showed up. I made several phone calls to the hotel while waiting, one of which the person that answered the phone hung up on me. When the shuttle finally arrived it was full and the driver refused to let us board. At this point I was very upset and called the front desk and they said they finally admitted that they only had one driver working that night and that he would have to come back and get us once he got everyone unloaded. Finally the person at the front desk agreed to pay our taxi fare, if we wanted to come on. I admit this was a nice gesture but at 3:00 am, the $13 was the least of my worries.

The distance from airport to the hotel is around 1.6 miles, so with no traffic at that time of night it shouldn't take long to get back to the airport. Once we checked in, I noticed the van parked and the van driver just standing in the lobby, in no hurry at all. Once we got to the front desk the same lady that hung up on us was not friendly and seemed like she could have cared less. When we finally got to our room, the key didn't work so we had to back down to get that fixed. The whole process to that point was just a disaster.

All was not bad about the hotel, the rooms were very nice and spacious and the lobby was also very nice.

I hope your cruise was better than your hotel experience.

Our cruise on the Carnival Vista was great, it's really an awesome ship. A 2 hour flight delay & the experience with the hotel shuttle got things off to a bad start, but thankfully things picked up from there.