The master switch

We are on oasis right now and our room was really hot. I finally decided to call maitainence on the room phone and she informed me that the AC does not work when the master switch is turned off. Honestly we had no idea there was one lol. It's only day two but we should be able to sleep in air conditioning the rest of the week. [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We are on oasis right now and our room was really hot. I finally decided to call maitainence on the room phone and she informed me that the AC does not work when the master switch is turned off. Honestly we had no idea there was one lol. It's only day two but we should be able to sleep in air conditioning the rest of the week. [emoji12]

That is too bad, your cabin steward should have explained that to you when you first met them.

Another important thing to remember, if you have a balcony, is to keep the door handle in the locked position or your a/c will turn off. You can put it in the locked position even if you are sitting out on your balcony.

That is too bad, your cabin steward should have explained that to you when you first met them.

Another important thing to remember, if you have a balcony, is to keep the door handle in the locked position or your a/c will turn off. You can put it in the locked position even if you are sitting out on your balcony.

Is this true for just Oasis class? We will be on LOS.

Did not know that either!

I know it is true for Oasis class and Quantum class. I am pretty sure it is true for the other classes too, though some say it is an urban myth, others say you can trick it with a magnet.

We don't risk it and just keep the door locked!:D

I believe you must keep the sliding door closed on Voyager/Freedom class, but it does not have to be locked.

I know it is true for Oasis class and Quantum class. I am pretty sure it is true for the other classes too, though some say it is an urban myth, others say you can trick it with a magnet.

We don't risk it and just keep the door locked!:D

Thank you for the tips. I am very grouchy when it's hot.

Thank you for the tips. I am very grouchy when it's hot.

I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to call. Thought first night was a fluke. This morning we woke up sweating. Felt like a big dummy when they said that.

How can you put it in the locked position even if you are out on the balcony?