New to Royal. Specialty dining question.

I have pre-paid and booked specialty dining on my upcoming Explorer cruise to Alaska. I know when you dine in the MDR you can order multiple appetizers, entrees, desserts. However, I am wondering how it works in the specialty restaurants. I have reserved dinner at Chops and Giovanni's. The menus look great. However, I am having difficulty narrowing down the options on the appetizers. Can you order more than one?

Also, at Giovannis you can order half-orders of the pastas. We ordered several different half-orders and shared them. Too many things looked really good and we couldn't decide. So we basically sampled quite a few different pastas. Yum!

At Giovanni's the waiters will also bring you additional small plates of other entrees if you have a hard time deciding. Was on Allure two weeks ago and it was a great dining experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also, at Giovannis you can order half-orders of the pastas. We ordered several different half-orders and shared them. Too many things looked really good and we couldn't decide. So we basically sampled quite a few different pastas. Yum!

Thanks for sharing that hint. I only eat at specialty restaurants when cruising solo and usually end up skipping the soup course and still leaving too full. This is good to know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, it was unclear when I booked the reservation. Going to take a bit to get my sea legs on Royal. Much more pre-planning than I am used to.

There is basically very very little that you can pre-plan on the Explorer.

You have chosen a specialty dining package. For that, you only have to pick a first night dining time.

What else are you "pre-planning"?

I did not purchase a dining plan. I bought "First night done right". I actually booked and chose my time slots for my time dining. I did not choose traditional set time due to the long days in port. Also, I purchased and had to choose time slots for lunch and a dinner at Chops as well as a dinner at Giovanni's. So yes, there was some planning and coordinating to select the times that worked well within the parameters of the itinerary.

Edited by aricczona