NCL Escape First time - Information Overload

Howson88

hello there, it's my first cruise 🚢 ever in September and I've chosen the escape! I've followed the forums closely and gained so much information so thank you everyone for your support thus far!

I think I've read so many different bits of advice im getting confused!

We have the UBP as a perk, and I have purchased the SDP for three nights.

How do gratuities and service charge work? Have I paid them, I was under the impression I had. Are there anymore to pay when aboard?

Apart from any extras, is there anything I should be regularly be expecting to pay for onboard?

Thanks in advance

Gary

hello there, it's my first cruise 🚢 ever in September and I've chosen the escape! I've followed the forums closely and gained so much information so thank you everyone for your support thus far!

GREAT choice!!!! Have a great cruise!

We have the UBP as a perk, and I have purchased the SDP for three nights.

Very good choice!

How do gratuities and service charge work? Have I paid them, I was under the impression I had. Are there anymore to pay when aboard?

You pay gratuities on the UBP and SDP packages when you buy them. There is a Daily Service Charge (DSC) that will be added, per person, to your room bill which covers gratuities to the onboards staff. You can also pre-pay that if you want.

Apart from any extras, is there anything I should be regularly be expecting to pay for onboard?

Nothing other than the DSC.

Exception: While the ship is in the Port of Miami, Florida requires that you pay taxes on drinks. So there will be a small tax billed for every drink until you are in international waters.

Exception: If you order a drink that exceeds the $15 limit, you will be charge the difference in price with gratuity added on the difference.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Have a wonderful cruise. The escape is our favorite ship right now.

Have a wonderful cruise. The escape is our favorite ship right now.

Thank you for the info on the drink tax while in port! I didn't know that was the case with the UBP, so you saved me from a surprise on boarding day!