Will we enjoy Star?

PetrosZA

Hi All

We are a young couple (Early 30's) and had our first cruise in Oct last year on the Epic and absolutely loved the trip. Will be sailing out of Venice in September on Star and when we booked we didn't even pay attention to which ship it would be on as we were only really interested on the itinerary and the wife has always wanted to go to Venice.

Just wanted all of your opinions of what you think of Star as don't know what to expect from a smaller ship.

Thanks!

We can't say whether you will enjoy a smaller ship or not. There are lots of similarities and some differences.

Look for the current thread on this board about whether people prefer the big or small ships to get some opinions. As you will tell from that thread, it's a matter of personal preference.

All I would say is that if you enjoyed your trip on the Epic because of the water slides, multiple entertainment venues and Cirque then you may be disappointed with the Star. If you liked the general cruise ship experience, choice of restaurants and the ability to visit different ports then I'm sure you will be fine.

Whatever you think of the ship, the itinerary will be excellent.

We can't say whether you will enjoy a smaller ship or not. There are lots of similarities and some differences.

Look for the current thread on this board about whether people prefer the big or small ships to get some opinions. As you will tell from that thread, it's a matter of personal preference.

All I would say is that if you enjoyed your trip on the Epic because of the water slides, multiple entertainment venues and Cirque then you may be disappointed with the Star. If you liked the general cruise ship experience, choice of restaurants and the ability to visit different ports then I'm sure you will be fine.

Whatever you think of the ship, the itinerary will be excellent.

Thanks @KeithJenner this is exactly what i was looking to hear. Waterslides etc are generally not what we are looking for. We are more interested in the dining and overall cruiseship experience.

Not sure which itinerary you are booked for, but in either case you will have only one sea day. Consider the ship as a moveable hotel with plenty of food, drink and entertainment.

We loved the Star and her sister ship Dawn. Not overwhelmed by the number of people.

I suggest you consider a spa pass. Great place to relax and unwind after a day of touring ports.

Not sure which itinerary you are booked for, but in either case you will have only one sea day. Consider the ship as a moveable hotel with plenty of food, drink and entertainment.

We loved the Star and her sister ship Dawn. Not overwhelmed by the number of people.

I suggest you consider a spa pass. Great place to relax and unwind after a day of touring ports.

Thanks great advice, are you referring to the Thermal Suite Pass for around $139?

the thermal spa on the Star has floor to ceiling windows at aft of ship so can recline on the loungers and enjoy the views in port or the wake of the ship

as we sailed the Star for the Norway fjords itinerary that was a major plus

the smaller ships such as the Star has pretty soaring atriums which are lacking on the larger ships

we would definitely sail on her again

Hi,

I think you have received some good advice.

My last 2 NCL cruises were the Epic (med) and the Baltics(Star). Next one POA in Hawaii:-)

I thoroughly enjoyed both cruises. If I had to pick I would pick Epic for better ship.

But so what they are both great!! With busy itineraries you will not be bored on ship.

I booked the Sun next year for Alaska and they just changed to the Jewel. I was all psyched for Sun and now I am psyched for Jewel. For me if the seas are smooth I am having a great cruise!

Happy p lanning

kerri

Hi All

We are a young couple (Early 30's) and had our first cruise in Oct last year on the Epic and absolutely loved the trip. Will be sailing out of Venice in September on Star and when we booked we didn't even pay attention to which ship it would be on as we were only really interested on the itinerary and the wife has always wanted to go to Venice.

Just wanted all of your opinions of what you think of Star as don't know what to expect from a smaller ship.

Thanks!

Hi PetrosZA, we are a younger couple as well (Late 20s) and will be with you on the Sept 3rd sailing from Venice. This will be our first European cruise but we have been on smaller ships before and enjoyed them. Hope to meet you on board!

-Sergio