Transportation recommendations from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral - day BEFORE

Hi Everyone,

We're flying in a day before our cruise takes off out of Port Canaveral. We've never been out of this port before and are trying to figure out our transportation from the airport to the hotel/port. Because it isn't our actual cruise day I wasn't sure what arrangements we needed to make? I know we can find a general shuttle out of the airport but the reviews are very mixed on these and I was hoping for some personal experience reviews/suggestions. Many thanks!!!

Hi Everyone,

We're flying in a day before our cruise takes off out of Port Canaveral. We've never been out of this port before and are trying to figure out our transportation from the airport to the hotel/port. Because it isn't our actual cruise day I wasn't sure what arrangements we needed to make? I know we can find a general shuttle out of the airport but the reviews are very mixed on these and I was hoping for some personal experience reviews/suggestions. Many thanks!!!

Consider a one-way rental car for the trip to the port. There are several agencies near the port that have free shuttles to the cruise terminal.

One the way back to the airport after the cruise, I'd go with Cortrans shuttle.

Sorry don't mean to high jack post. We are coming two days before and staying near a hotel close to Disney springs . Will shuttles pick us up and get us to port day of cruise ?

We did the same and were at the Coronado Springs. We used a car service and he just picked us up near one of the Disney shuttle bus stops nearest our hotel room.

I always use limos.com to price shop for transportation I need. I have never been disappointed.

Sorry don't mean to high jack post. We are coming two days before and staying near a hotel close to Disney springs . Will shuttles pick us up and get us to port day of cruise ?

We are staying in Disney Springs before our cruise. We did a one way rental through Avis (They are in the hotel) and will return at Cruise Port location and then take shuttle to pier. The price was less than other alternatives. There are other car rental companies in the Disney Springs area.

A suggestion to OP on original topic, if you are getting into MCO late you can stay at the Hyatt hotel inside the terminal and catch the ships shuttle the next morning. We have stayed at that Hyatt a couple of times if we get in late or have an early departure flight and it's very nice.

We always do a one way car rental as we always fly in early and that way we will have a car to use the rest of the day. If you come in early I think this is the way to go! :cool:

We arrive Friday for a Sunday departure. We are renting a convertible Camaro (so the reservation says) at MCO and driving to Cocoa Beach and will have the car for the day on Saturday, taking it back in the evening. Then will do hotel shuttle or taxi to the port on Sunday. Given the car type and one way rental, we're very happy to get it for a great price.

We're from Ohio... so having a convertible in FL for a day on the coast sounds like fun.

We'll watch the weather and make other arrangements if we won't get our money's worth out of the rag top.