Anyone use Travelex Insurance?

mesmall

Travelex is who I used for my cruise insurance for the following reasons:

1. They were recommended by my TA.

2. They were recommended by several co-workers.

3. After doing about 45 min. of online price checking they were always the cheapest.

While I do not have any experiance with filing a claim through them, since I booked them through my TA she will handle any claims.

I'm thinking of getting insurance for the first time.Too many things can happen flying out of Boston in the winter!Has anyone had luck using Travelex?It'sonly $69.00 to insure my family of 4,seems like a good idea.

That sounds a bit cheap. I believe the premium is about $45 per person for $1,000 per person of trip coverage. I just booked a 7 day cruise for my Lovely Bride and I, and I'm considering purchasing thru Travelex.

Yes, I've used Travelex Travel Lite policy several times. Purchased it at http://www.insuremytrip.com. They are excellent to deal with. We had to change the dates of our travel, and they were very good about crediting back the money we paid for our original trip to cover the cost of paying for the new trip. We've had to file a claim recently, and the claim form was very comprehensive. We received a full refund (had to cancel cruise last minute due to illness) within 2 weeks. No hassles whatsoever and the nicest customer service people.

I bought Travelex directly from the Travelex website for our upcoming cruise. I called them a few months later to add on the airfare and had a very good experience with their customer service. I told her how much the airfare was for each person and only the premium for my 17 y/o old son was going to go up. She was able to fix it by putting some of my son's airfare cost on to my husband and that way there was no price increase for my son. In other words, she just moved the numbers around a bit so we wouldn't have a price increase. She didn't have to do that.

That sounds a bit cheap. I believe the premium is about $45 per person for $1,000 per person of trip coverage. I just booked a 7 day cruise for my Lovely Bride and I, and I'm considering purchasing thru Travelex.

Actually, that price could be right for a shorter, less expensive cruise. For example:

2 adults, each age 35 - 60, 2 kids, each under 16, per person average trip cost under $500 (reasonable for a 3 to 5 day sailing or even a 7 night sailing if there's a very reduced rate on 3rd/4th passengers and they're all sharing a cabin). It would price out as:

Each adult $32

Each child: $0

Total $69 (2 X $32 + $5 processing fee)

I used Travelex last October for our Miracle cruise. We had to cancel because of a death in my family the night before we were to leave. We DID get all of our money back, but it took a while...

They said we were a "no show". This was because it was a weekend, and there was no one to call. We tried calling Carnival right away, but since we booked thru an online travel agency, we had to call them first. Unfortunately they didn't have anyone answering phone calls on the weekend. SO frustrating!

The other issue was that they were going to refund my fare, but not my friend because we didn't have the same address!! What in the world?!:confused:

Like my friend would go on a cruise without me when I'm going through something as traumatic as a death of a close relative! We put up a major fuss on that one, and they decided to refund us both.

It ended up being about 6 months later. BUT.... we did get it!:rolleyes:

Archived