carry-on luggage

supertop

I read on the Carnival web site that prescription drugs should be in your carry-on luggage. What about non-prescription drugs and vitamins? I didn't see any mention of those items but I could have over-looked them.

Those are just suggestions, not mandatory rules. They are there so in the unlikely event your luggage goes missing or is just late you are not without urgent medications. You can, if you want, put all medications and vitamins in either carry-on or checked bags.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yes, carrying prescription drugs in your carry-on is standard protocol for travel. I keep my ibuprofen on me. You can buy it on the ship, but it's crazy expensive. Ultimately it's up to you if you want to take OTC meds and vitamins in your carry-on. I would. The vitamins wouldn't be easily replaced, and depending on the OTC med, it may not be available on the ship. Rule of thumb...if it's important/valuable and not easily replaced or you will need it before you get your luggage, put it in your carry-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the suggestion to carry on your drugs is for your safety. Prescription medication is vital to your health. Should your luggage be lost you would have no way of obtaining additional medication.

Anyone that travels a great deal will tell you: Travel documents on your person with funds. Prescription meds, medical equipment (C=pap), electronics (lap tops and readers) and jewelry in your carry on.

As stated earlier, it is for your benefit in case the check-in luggage is misplaced or lost and you need to take your prescription medication. It may be difficult, if not expensive, for you to get a physician precription to buy a replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I put all supplements and prescriptions in my carry on bag. Although I don't typically check any luggage on a cruise, if for some reason I should change my mind once I am at the port, there's nothing in the checked bag that can't be easily replaced. Of course, electronics & docs are in my carry on as well as any jewelry.