Meeting other gay guys on a carnival cruise?

aliendope

I'm going a carnival magic cruise for a week in a few days. Considering i'm 18 years old, I'm to young for some things, but also too old for some things. I've heard the 18-20 year olds have the hardest time finding things to do on a cruise, but I'm not too worried. My question is if anyone has any advice on how to find other gay guys (preferably around my age) on the cruise. I've heard a lot of gay guys hang out in the sauna/ steam room? But I don't necessarily wanna hook up. And I figured that's who would be in there. Also, have heard a lot of the crew members are gay, but ofcourse they're working.

There will usually be an LGBT meetup event on your cruise planner, if it doesn't say "LGBT" outright it will be called a "Friends of Dorothy" meeting. Maybe also try putting up a rainbow flag decoration on your cabin door?

Please don't fall for the stereotype of gay men cruising the sauna/steamroom. I've never seen it happening.

Carnival may have an organized meet and greet for people your age. I know one of our Princess cruises did because one of the participants (a college student at Stanford) was on our trivia team. She told us that it was an awkward age to be on a cruise ship since she was too old for the children's activities and not quite an adult yet.

Please don't fall for the stereotype of gay men cruising the sauna/steamroom. I've never seen it happening.

I'm sure it has happened, DH has a story from the mid80s using a land-based gym sauna.

OP- your age group is hard to figure out. On Carnival you can be do almost everything and be almost anywhere. The only two things you'll have issues with will be the Serenity Deck and drinking alcohol. Both of those are 21+.

Every night there will be a LGBTQ+ meeting. On our recent cruises they've met informally at the Alchemy Bar at 10 pm. (Look for it in the Fun Times.) That's a great bar, let them know you need something non-alcoholic.

If you haven't done so already, check out the Gay & Lesbian board.

Gay & Lesbian Cruisers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?162