One beverage card for all

So I gather that means that your family can't all sit in a lounge and have soft drinks together and you have to have your drinks in shifts?

The drink cards already offer a huge savings off of buying individual soda's. One drink card shared by a family is pretty cheesey, IMO.

So I gather that means that your family can't all sit in a lounge and have soft drinks together and you have to have your drinks in shifts?

The drink cards already offer a huge savings off of buying individual soda's. One drink card shared by a family is pretty cheesey, IMO.

I'm not sure what you mean. We never really wanted to sit together in a lounge, but if we did, we would have just gone up one at a time.

And if the drink cards offer huge savings, we made the savings even more. I think it is a great money saving tip.

cheap cheap cheap :rolleyes:

are you familiar with the term: keel haul?

take DCL - soda is free ...

but you do have to get up and get it yourself....

sorry - put people ask why cruise lines keep raising prices and in the next post suggest way to cut into their profits.

I'm not sure what you mean. We never really wanted to sit together in a lounge, but if we did, we would have just gone up one at a time.

And if the drink cards offer huge savings, we made the savings even more. I think it is a great money saving tip.

What I mean is that besides being an abuse of the rules, it's tacky and cheap. The drink cards are about $25. for unlimited soda per person, (which is already a huge bargain) not per group.

If enough people do it, perhaps the cruiselines will go back to charging per soda.

Ya know, I've noticed something. Almost 100% of the time, most people seem to not like the idea of sharing a soda card, but you can find alot of posts with people offering advice on how to sneak alcohol on board, and people are totally ok with that. I'm not really taking sides on either issue, but how is sneaking alcohol on board, and sharing a soda card different?

Ya know, I've noticed something. Almost 100% of the time, most people seem to not like the idea of sharing a soda card, but you can find alot of posts with people offering advice on how to sneak alcohol on board, and people are totally ok with that. I'm not really taking sides on either issue, but how is sneaking alcohol on board, and sharing a soda card different?

Bringing alcohol on board only takes away a sale from the cruise line, in fact many people that bring a bottle don't even use it, they end up buying the drinks from the ship. Using a drink card for multiple people is actually taking away a product from the cruise line, it cost them money. First you have the cost of the cola, the glass which then needs to be washed, the staff to pour the drink and deliver it. It is the same as "stealing" from a store. In my opinion it is cheap and tacky.

Bringing alcohol on board only takes away a sale from the cruise line, in fact many people that bring a bottle don't even use it, they end up buying the drinks from the ship. Using a drink card for multiple people is actually taking away a product from the cruise line, it cost them money. First you have the cost of the cola, the glass which then needs to be washed, the staff to pour the drink and deliver it. It is the same as "stealing" from a store. In my opinion it is cheap and tacky.

But I've already paid for unlimited use, if they don't want it used unlimited-ly, then they shouldnt' sell it. I choose to use it by giving it to my family.

I might be wrong, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am, but aren't soda syrup and popcorn like one of the cheapest things for restaurants to purchase, and provide the most in revenue compared to how much it cost to purchase?

Does that make sense? (It does in my head, but not so much written down.)

If I were a restaurant (ship), I would rather people share soda cards, than for people to bring their own alcohol on board and lose the potential for something like $7-$10 drinks.

Again, I'm not making the case for either side, but pointing out the inconsistency for some people's stance on soda card sharing, and sneaking alcohol on board.

It's simply dishonest and cheating. Using this reasoning, one passenger should buy one card for soft drinks, then everyone on the ship drinks for free, why limit it to one family? I can't believe we're having this discussion...Sick.

It's analogous to going to a land-based, all-you-can-eat buffet and sneaking bagloads of food outside to feed the rest of your family. After all, you feel you purchased an unlimited meal, right? Unfortunately, that's not how it works. It's an unlimited deal for one person. Each person who wants to indulge has to pay a separate charge. It's no different for the soda card.

Just to clarify, I wouldn't care (and I doubt if the cruise line cares) if somebody lets a friend or family member take an occasional sip. That, however, is a far cry from planning to buy one card with the express intent to use it unethically. You're much better off buying a few six-packs onshore and bringing them onboard. It's inexpensive and there's no rule against it.

Yetti, you paid for unlimited use for one person. It is my understanding that you are using one card for the entire family. You should have bought one card for each person.

Using one card for your family is the issue.

Why? It doesn't hurt them. Am I really supposed to buy a soda card for each person when they don't check? I shouldn't have to pay for each one when it is unlimited.

It would be ok if I bought it for me, and had 100 sodas throughout the course of the week. So why not is it ok for me to buy one card, and each person have 20 per week. Both examples are the same amount of soda, 100, just divided differently.

Why? It doesn't hurt them. Am I really supposed to buy a soda card for each person when they don't check? I shouldn't have to pay for each one when it is unlimited.

It would be ok if I bought it for me, and had 100 sodas throughout the course of the week. So why not is it ok for me to buy one card, and each person have 20 per week. Both examples are the same amount of soda, 100, just divided differently.

When you go to a restaurant home, you buy one soda and get unlimited refills, but you aren't allowed to share those refills with anybody else at your table. Why should buying the soda card onboard be any different?

Give me a break people! We pay enough for a cruise...and they try to

gouge you with every little thing they can. Obviously, if the cuise line

really cared about this kind of thing then they would check the cards

more carefully!

I don't drink soda very often....so i won't bother doing this. But if i did....

you bet i would!

Yetti78, Don't let these people make you feel at all guilty about this...

The cruise line is not losing....it costs peanuts to make fountain pop.

IMO, i think it should be free!

By the way, wrp96, When i go to restaurant that has free refills....

I DO SHARE ONE!:eek:

It's better that buying one each and throwing half of each out. We never finnish em'.

No need to insult someone just for doing something that you wouldn't do!

How rude!

Didn't your mom teach you...if you don't have anything nice to say....

then S&^T $P!:D

By the way, wrp96, When i go to restaurant that has free refills....

I DO SHARE ONE!:eek:

It's better that buying one each and throwing half of each out. We never finnish em'.

But you don't drink a whole one and then refill it and then give the refill to somebody else, do you?

I have no issue with the sharing of the soda card because I would do that with my sister. If I compare the amount of soda we drink (together) it is still not as much soda as my best friend drinks. This is reasonable to me. When we go to Mcdonalds we buy a 2 cheeseburger value meal and ask for an extra cup. 1 cheeseburger for me, 1 for her, share the fries and soda. When the soda is gone we get a free refill. Is this wrong? I don't think so. They have free refills at restaurants and soda cards on cruise ships because they can "give" the customers something extra and it costs next to nothing.

I do have to point out though that The Majesty of the Seas does not have fountain soda. They pour your soda directly from 2 liters. I am sure this is a small (insignificant) difference in price.

Yetti, where you really teaching your kids this behavior?

...share the fries and soda. When the soda is gone we get a free refill. Is this wrong?

YES!!!! It IS wrong. What is so hard to see about this? It is wrong to go to an all you can eat buffet and only pay for one while two eat, so it is wrong to buy an "all you can drink" beverage for one while two drink.

Why can't anyone see this? Why does everyone insist on using the ol' "well, they overcharge anyway..." or "...they arent' losing any money...". While those MAY be true, IT DOESN'T MAKE IT OK!!!!!!!!

Archived