Muster Drill....Jewel

Ambie1988

They will tell you and the other 2,000 people where to go. Repeatedly. Pretty much impossible not to know what to do.

Yet I still see at least a few dozen people on each cruise who are completely clueless. Go to your station, sit down and shut up

Remember the movie titanic? Havens and suites first befor opening the gates to Deck 4!

Seriously, the announcements start 30 minutes before muster. Go to your mister station as soon as they start for best wheelchair parking and seats. Watch all of the late comers complain about having to stand for 15 minutes.

I was wondering if I could just tip our butler to go for us and get our cards scanned since we are staying in an owners suite. Associating with all of the rabble is just not something I want to do. :rolleyes::eek:;):p

I will be going on my first cruise this September. I will be on the Jewel in the Haven. How do you know where to go for the muster drill, and do you have to bring your life jacket with you?

Aside from what the others have said, here's another note: You will have a terrible time trying to get back to your cabin or anywhere else on the ship when the muster drill ends. Elevators will be packed. Stairways will be filled with people complaining about the packed elevators.

Our routine is to bring along something to read. When the muster drill ends, we find someplace nearby to sit and read for about 10 to 15 minutes. Or we go to a bar near our muster station and enjoy sipping a cocktail while we wait for the crowds to thin out again.