upgrade room in the uk??

made my final payment a couple of days ago on a large interior room (deadline was today, 31st of july)

checked the website today and surprise surprise a boardwalk balcony room if booked now is cheaper than my large interior!!

as i only paid a £50 deposit in january ive waited and waited 6 months for a balcony go cheaper and if it did was going book again and lose my £50 deposit (i did see them cheaper in may but they shot up before i had chance book)

i knew as soon as id payed up in full id see a boardwalk balcony cheaper!!

ANYWAY now ive paid in full does anyone know if i rang up and asked them to move me to a balcony room as its the same price would they? or would i be fobbed off and its just a wasted phone call???

Edited by leono1

ANYWAY does anyone know if i rang up and asked them to move me to a balcony room as its the same price they would or would i be fobbed of and its just a wasted phone call???

Yes, but you may need to call more than once to get it done.

made my final payment a couple of days ago on a large interior room (deadline was today, 31st of july)

checked the website today and surprise surprise a boardwalk balcony room if booked now is cheaper than my large interior!!

as i only paid a £50 deposit in january ive waited and waited 6 months for a balcony go cheaper and if it did was going book again and lose my £50 deposit (i did see them cheaper in may but they shot up before i had chance book)

i knew as soon as id payed up in full id see a boardwalk balcony cheaper!!

ANYWAY now ive paid in full does anyone know if i rang up and asked them to move me to a balcony room as its the same price they would or would i be fobbed of and its just a wasted phone call???

I think you will find that they will take away any benefit like OBC you may have had on the original booking - but if you didn't get any special deals, they will probably let you do it as its extra income.

I tried to do a similar thing with a cruise a couple of cruises ago, but the benefit they would have taken off (a select drinks package) would have been removed, so it wasn't worth it :o

Its always worth a call and good luck!!

I think you will find that they will take away any benefit like OBC you may have had on the original booking - but if you didn't get any special deals, they will probably let you do it as its extra income.

Its always worth a call and good luck!!

i had no benefits\obc apart from a low deposit of £25 each (£50), and now that balance is paid in full.

The boardwalk balcony room on the website right now is £4 cheaper than i paid for my large interior so its not extra income for them is it :confused:

i just want to ask to be moved stateroom on the booking ive made and paid up in full on and if it has been done before (by a uk customer) or im just wasting my time and the cost of the phone calls ?

i just want to ask to be moved stateroom on the booking ive made and paid up in full on and if it has been done before (by a uk customer) or im just wasting my time and the cost of the phone calls ?

I don't have it handy but RCI UK has a toll free 0800 number as well.

ANYWAY now ive paid in full does anyone know if i rang up and asked them to move me to a balcony room as its the same price would they? or would i be fobbed off and its just a wasted phone call???

UK booking conditions are different than the US. Strictly speaking the answer is no.

However; I managed to get an upgrade to a JS when it had reduced on my last cruise through Crown and Anchor. I was told a huge upgrade price when ringing customer services

so maybe ring crown and anchor rather than customer services? (i am crown and anchor albeit just gold)

its a piss take I KNEW it would go cheaper once id paid up in full and had more to lose than my original £50 deposit