Everything escape

trace1208

haven't sailed NCl in at least 15 years. Considering booking the escape next summer for myself my bf and 11 yo twins and 20 year old.

My question is what are additional charges, obviously I know the specialty dining and gratuities, what about children's activities, or any of the on board activities, just seems

Like so many hidden fees that concern me!!! I also have been reading not the greatest of reviews.

I'm looking for any and all things escape to help us decide. Our alternative would be celebrity summit.

haven't sailed NCl in at least 15 years. Considering booking the escape next summer for myself my bf and 11 yo twins and 20 year old.

My question is what are additional charges, obviously I know the specialty dining and gratuities, what about children's activities, or any of the on board activities, just seems

Like so many hidden fees that concern me!!! I also have been reading not the greatest of reviews.

I'm looking for any and all things escape to help us decide. Our alternative would be celebrity summit.

For the "kids"... I'd say it's no comparison. I was bored on the Summit by Day 2. I've now been on the Escape twice, and still feel like I'm missing out. It's a great ship...

Thanks, what about extras, besides dining are there a lot of hidden fees

Crane game in the arcade costs $1 each, but you're almost guaranteed a rubber duck.

Beyond that... you'll pay the standard service charge much like any other cruise line. You'll also pay a service charge on any "free" beverage or dining package. Most entertainment & activities are included - and I don't bother with the ones that aren't (wine lovers and the singer in supper club). Dining is what you make of it... complimentary is great, specialities are worthwhile (especially with "free" dining package), and Food Republic is worth the a la carte pricing.

For the "kids"... I'd say it's no comparison. I was bored on the Summit by Day 2. I've now been on the Escape twice, and still feel like I'm missing out. It's a great ship...

You have to leave " home" and venture out!🤣🤣

...so many hidden fees that concern me!!!

There aren't really any hidden fees. There are "extra cost" options that you can choose to ignore.

While on Escape, the only extra that we paid for was the arcade (kids are much younger than yours). The bowling does cost extra but we skipped it. We had OBC that paid for everything including sunblock and other minor things that we either forgot or lost.

You can take care of the DSC before you board (ours was waived as a promo) so there isn't much that you "need" to spend money on. Any extra tips you give are up to you.

Very helpful so basically you can definitely enjoy the trip without utilizing the addional offers

Yes you can! The Escape was the best cruise we've done.

Absolutely loved the waterfront and 5 o'clock somewhere bar.