A couple of misc questions - AK cruise 2018

parentsof5

What are the options for doing transfer to Anchorage after arrival in Whittier on your own? I know we can still arrange transportation with Princess, looking for other options. We will be renting a car in Anchorage, most likely from the airport since we will fly out a few days later. Or is the best, most cost effective option to book through Princess?

Does anyone know which section of BE cabins has the larger balcony on Emerald Deck Aft?

Will the itinerary times stay the same that are set now, or do they often change for how long in port?

Thanks. Still a ways to go, but love that the count down is under 300 days now!

On the Coral and Island all the Emerald Deck aft BE cabins have larger balconies. On the Golden and Star there are no standard balcony cabins on the Emerald deck' date=' but there are aft mini suites. These are the 4 ships that are scheduled to sail one way Vancouver to Whittier in 2018. Personally I would not book the Island Princess. It was ruined by removing the Universe Lounge and much of the public viewing space to add an additional cabins for 200+ passengers. DR's are crowded. You can see the cabin configuration on the Princess web site under deck plans.[/b'] Will the itinerary times stay the same that are set now, or do they often change for how long in port? While it is always possible for port times to vary, they normally stay as advertised. Every voyage may not have the exact same port times so make sure you check your exact voyage on the Princess web site. Thanks. Still a ways to go, but love that the count down is under 300 days now!
See above

It sounds like your plans are very similar to ours - in just 3 weeks :D:D:D

We're transporting with A.C.T. (Alaska Cruise Transportation) They have buses (as apposed to vans) with bathrooms on board...a detail that is important to some...

They offer 3 options - transfer only; half day that includes a stop...and full day that includes several stops and lunch.

The great thing about you planning so early is that they also offer a discount if purchased FAR in advance. (I think we purchased ours back in Oct of last year...) One note about that...when I purchased, the website said..."Buy now to save...Price goes up Oct 1"...

Then on Oct 1 it said "Buy now to save...Price goes up on Nov 1".... etc... etc... etc...

That being said...the price DID eventually go up. Those purchasing for our dates now are paying about 20% more than I paid...but I had to giggle at the promotions...... :)

If I remember correctly, their cancellation policy is 2 weeks...but I'm drawing from memory so check that out.... :D

If you like them I'd suggest purchasing before Christmas.

About port times changing....that DID happen on our cruise. We are arriving in port 90 min. earlier than originally posted so was a GOOD thing! - But it pays to 're-check' those times if you're booking excursions or making time-sensitive plans.

Edited by rgmacm