Removing gratiuities - when to do it

Frontera2

For reasons of tax, and shareholder profit. It is the business model virtually all cruiselines use, and for the standard onboard gratuities it makes so much sense to me. With regard to gratuities on drinks and spa treatments, I think it is fair that those are paid by those using such services. Locally, and when we go south to visit family, I would always add 10% to a restaurant bill (unless the bill is already service charged) and round up. Similar for taxis.

As an aside, we spent a lovely day in Chester while down South last week.....a really interesting city, and we had lunch outdoors in beautiful sunshine in the Boathouse Restaurant on the river.

Yes it is and greatly improved recently, went to school there many years ago there. Amphitheaters a bit of a letdown but the musics good.

David

Edited by balf

For reasons of tax, and shareholder profit. It is the business model virtually all cruiselines use, and for the standard onboard gratuities it makes so much sense to me. With regard to gratuities on drinks and spa treatments, I think it is fair that those are paid by those using such services. Locally, and when we go south to visit family, I would always add 10% to a restaurant bill (unless the bill is already service charged) and round up. Similar for taxis.

As an aside, we spent a lovely day in Chester while down South last week.....a really interesting city, and we had lunch outdoors in beautiful sunshine in the Boathouse Restaurant on the river.

To us Chester is way up north,lol.