Vista Cabin Choices.. Location.. Advice?

tmg26

Please bare with me! [emoji846]

My family and I will be on the Carnival Vista in March 2018. ( 3 adults) We have sailed with Carnival only once and really are still cruise rookies. So please bare with me. This cruise is a 8 day cruise to the South Caribbean. I booked this cruise about a month ago. I selected Cabin 8252 which is a forward balcony Cabin. I noticed today that there is an ocean suite available Cabin 7369 which is aft starboard.I have that one on a 24 hour hold. The price difference isn't a big factor. It's more of the location of the cabins. My mom doesn't walk fast. So each room is perfect in proximity to the elevator.

My question is.. Which location would be better? Which Cabin would you recommend?I've always heard that the aft is known for more vibrations with the ship and mid ship is better and have always heard that port side is better vs starboard.

Thank y'all so much for all advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Port and starboard don't make that much difference to me. Sometimes, the ship will tie up on the port side and sometime starboard side. Even if it is parked with port side to the beach/pier, there may be another ship blocking your view and with a balcony, I hate waking up in the morning with some 80 year old lady staring in at me sleeping in my tighty whitey's.

So, Aft Starboard would be fine with me.

As for being Foreward vs Aft, I would pick the Aft, There is a little more movement up and down in high seas in the front of the ship vs. the Back. And being up on deck 7, I would think you won't feel very much vibration from the engines at night while underway. Also, Aft is better for most of the things you will go to -Lido, MDR, Comedy club, Dining options. Sure the theater is up front, but less walking once a night to that then walking all day from breakfast, dinner, pool and clubs.

Please bare with me! [emoji846]

My family and I will be on the Carnival Vista in March 2018. ( 3 adults) We have sailed with Carnival only once and really are still cruise rookies. So please bare with me. This cruise is a 8 day cruise to the South Caribbean. I booked this cruise about a month ago. I selected Cabin 8252 which is a forward balcony Cabin. I noticed today that there is an ocean suite available Cabin 7369 which is aft starboard.I have that one on a 24 hour hold. The price difference isn't a big factor. It's more of the location of the cabins. My mom doesn't walk fast. So each room is perfect in proximity to the elevator.

My question is.. Which location would be better? Which Cabin would you recommend?I've always heard that the aft is known for more vibrations with the ship and mid ship is better and have always heard that port side is better vs starboard.

Thank y'all so much for all advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Side does not matter, aft will get you more vibration.

Port and Starboard have never made a whole lot of difference to me but my Carnival PVP recommended I go Starboard on our September 2018 cruise from Galveston to Port Canaveral on the Breeze.

IMHO - As for placement on the ship, the higher the deck, the less likely the engine rumble may disturb your sleep. I know many that love to book on deck 1 but typically, I go for decks 6-8. I just don't want to be on the deck directly below the LIDO deck as it will get noisy in your cabin from the traffic and the crew moving lounges when they clean the deck at night. As for forward/aft, the middle of the ship gets the minimal "rocking".

Hope that helps.

We've had aft balconies for just about every cruise on Carnival that we've been on and have two more already booked.....we go for the ones two floors down from the lido deck so we don't hear them moving chairs around. There is no vibration or noises from the engines either. We love the views out back.