Jade 15000 cabin layout on NCL site

sani135

To anyone who has stayed in cabin 15000 on the Jade post refurb

The pics of the cabin layout on the current NCL website show only 1 balcony with a hot tub and 1 bathroom as opposed to 2 balconies (no hot tub) and 1-1/2 baths

I am hoping they used stock photos of the other Jewel class DOS instead of the unique DOS on the Jade

Any input would be welcome-thx

To anyone who has stayed in cabin 15000 on the Jade post refurb

The pics of the cabin layout on the current NCL website show only 1 balcony with a hot tub and 1 bathroom as opposed to 2 balconies (no hot tub) and 1-1/2 baths

I am hoping they used stock photos of the other Jewel class DOS instead of the unique DOS on the Jade

Any input would be welcome-thx

I haven't stayed in the DOS on the Jade, but I have stayed in on of the "regular" front facing Haven OS on the Jade - and that did indeed have two balconies (one to the front of the ship and one on the side) and "1,5" baths. Could it be that you are "mixing" the two suite types? I know that on the Jade, most of the balconies of the Haven suites that are actually situated in the "Haven area" (like the DOS), have smaller/less balconies than the Haven Owner Suite that is not situated inside the Haven area (probably because of the short distance to the Haven pool deck)...

Thanks for your reply but I am interested in the" Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony" that is located in the haven on the 15th deck -up the staircase between the two GV

The other Jewel class ships have 2 suites on 15 - the Jade only has the one suite hence the 2 forward facing balconies.

I've seen the dos on the Jade just prior to dry dock. It has two balconies and no hot tub. We were in the garden villa and part of an upper portion of our deck connected to one of the balconies of the dos.

If you look at the Jade post dry dock thread there's a poster who posted a video of the Jade- I think it's, "honest cruises" A portion of his video shows the dos post dry dock.

I stayed in the DOS in April 2017, the first cruise post drydock. There are two balconies on each side of the suite overlooking the pool. Go on you tube as there is a video on there it is called the "Black Diamond" suite. It was awesome. I felt like we were part of the party high above the pool as we had a birds eye view of all the festivities.

I haven't stayed in the DOS on the Jade, but I have stayed in on of the "regular" front facing Haven OS on the Jade - and that did indeed have two balconies (one to the front of the ship and one on the side) and "1,5" baths. Could it be that you are "mixing" the two suite types? I know that on the Jade, most of the balconies of the Haven suites that are actually situated in the "Haven area" (like the DOS), have smaller/less balconies than the Haven Owner Suite that is not situated inside the Haven area (probably because of the short distance to the Haven pool deck)...

While the Jewel class ships are pretty similar, one of the biggest discrepancies across them are the DOS. The Jade has the one DOS with a balcony on each side plus a 1/2 bath.

Thank you everyone for the replies

Wanted to make sure we have the 2 balconies for our Panama canal trip- don't know which side will have the better view

If you take a look at the Jade deck plan it'll give you a clear idea of what your balconies are overlooking. You can certainly look out to sea but wont be looking from balcony down to water. The garden villas massive decks take up that real estate. I think it would not detract from the GV if they took away a little of that upper deck area and gave it to the dos. You do have the Haven sundeck to use if you want to see down to the water from the ship while going through the locks.